Market & Competitive Intelligence Anaylst


Please ensure you upload both a resume and cover letter for this position.

About the Opportunity

Double digit growth for 4 consecutive years, the AFR’s 6th most innovative company in Australia – yep, it’s been a big year for us. And while sixth is great, let’s be honest, there’s only one number that really counts.

That’s why our Market & Competitive Intelligence team (which is part of our Corporate Strategy Office) is growing, and why we want to up our game when it comes to leveraging market and competitive insights.

Enter you.

As a methodical yet creative analyst, you’ll undertake competitive intelligence research and present your insights back to senior stakeholders across the firm’s leadership team. By providing competitive intelligence analysis and insights to our firm’s leaders, your work will help define Deloitte’s strategic direction, and you’ll get to see your analysis and ideas come to life.

There is a huge scope for growth in this role, making an impact that matters now and even more so in the future!

Pretty cool, right?

In terms of the nitty gritty. This job’s 80% research-focused, where you’ll be market scanning and sensing (i.e. analysing what currently goes to market, assessing new products and proactively looking for ways to help us differentiate and disrupt ourselves). The other 20% of your time will be dedicated to working with senior partners of the business – whether it be working to a brief or on a proactive discovery task.

You can also expect to:

  • Work closely with the firm’s senior leaders on Competitive Intelligence projects involving design, collection, analysis and evaluation of data and information
  • Produce concise CI analysis with actionable insights
  • Have the opportunity to apply your analytical “lens” to the Asia Pacific region and help build out a collaborative, regional team
  • Leverage the firm’s competitive intelligence ‘engine’ to expand and improve deliverables
  • Proactively develop your own ideas around new competitive intelligence products and services

About You

Some people ask ‘why’, but you’ll be the sort of person who asks ‘why not?’ Curious, analytical and creative– you might not have worked in Competitive Intelligence before, but you’ll have the skills and background to deliver game-changing analysis and actionable insights.

You’ll also have:

  • Relevant experience (2 years plus) in or knowledge of consulting, economics, research, business analysis or market analysis
  • Financial modelling and analysis skills; turning numbers into stories and insights!
  • Fantastic Microsoft skills where you can manipulate spreadsheets, drawing key insights and present your findings in a straightforward yet compelling way in PowerPoint
  • Analytical, report writing and presentation skills; data visualisation skills would be a distinct advantage
  • Evidence of creative and structured problem solving skills
  • Very strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders
  • Evidence of strong relationship building skills and a confident presentation style to drive engagement, action and two-way conversations

About us: Deloitte Culture

We pride ourselves on having a team of diverse, high performing professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – they are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.

From day one you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.

By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.

Next steps:

Please send through an application or contact Suzanne Dunne on from the Deloitte Talent Team for further information.

Are you viewing this job on LinkedIn? Click here to apply