Manager - Risk Analytics
About our team
Risk Advisory help our clients identify, manage and elevate their preparedness for risk, driving the risk agenda across key areas of the Australian economy.
Our Risk Analytics team is growing quickly. We are looking for passionate data analytics professionals to drive this growth throughout our Risk Advisory team. Focusing on the biggest risks to organisations, you will be part of a team that brings skills in data sourcing, analytics methods and tools and visual communication.
About the role
Based in Sydney we are looking for a Manager to get involved in:
- Liaise with key stakeholders and clients to determine complex risk issues affecting clients.
- Design analytical solutions in response to risk issues.
- Identify and evaluate organisational risks and recommend optimal process and system changes to better manage future risk.
- Manage other members of the team – manage, counsel, coach, mentor.
- Support recruitment of new team members.
- Manage the analysis and interpretation of data towards relevant communications to explain the value of the work completed; to both clients and other Deloitte team members.
Contribute to proposal development and communicate proposals to clients and other Deloitte team members with a focus on one or two of the following industries:
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Energy & Resources
- Identify data to be collected from financial systems and other related data sources
- Assess and determine the techniques and tools to be used in collection, analysis and communication for a project.
- Apply selected analytical techniques and tools to achieve project outcomes.
- Evaluate the reliability and utility of source information.
- Work with Partners and Account Directors to manage projects.
- Manage projects, clients and fees – using project management methodologies, develop and manage project plans, scope, variations, risk, and knowledge management. Build and manage relationships, interact with senior client stakeholders. Track against key metrics, conduct billing and account management.
- Bachelor degree or higher qualification in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Commerce or equivalent field(s)
- Experience in visual communication of analysis
- A solid technical grounding in SQL, SAS, VBA or other programming languages
- Experience extracting and analysing data from financial systems
- An awareness of the appropriateness of applying rules-based analytics and data driven analytics
- Ideally, an understanding of core accounting and business concepts
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website, if you have questions regarding this role, please contact James Francis in the Talent Acquisition Team for a confidential discussion.