Manager, AP Regional Independence
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (Deloitte Global) provides services to Deloitte Member Firms across the globe. DTTL personnel work on complex business projects that connect and serve Deloitte Member Firm practitioners across the world.
The Manager, reporting to the AP Regional Independence Leader, schedules and performs critical independence quality controls reviews, short-cycle and limited reviews with the AP region. As well as, the Manager will lead training and consultations on independence policy matters for the Deloitte network.
- Monitors the deployment of independence quality control activities for Member Firms, and their jurisdictions, within the AP region, including their compliance with:
- DTTL policies and guidance materials
- Global Independence Monitoring Systems (GIMS)
- Deloitte Entity Search and Compliance system (DESC)
- Independence Confirmation Control system (ICC) and similar tools
- Annual confirmation process; inspection and testing process; client and engagement acceptance process; disciplinary process and other initiatives of relevance
- Participates in practice reviews, and in some circumstances leads short-cycle and limited reviews, of the independence quality controls, while providing feedback and recommendations to help to enhance the Member Firm (or jurisdictional) quality controls
- Supports AP independence teams on consultations involving a wide variety of independence issues. Serves as a key contact to coordinate cross-border independence consultations, assists AP independence teams in communications and helps mediate any cross-border disputes
- Assists in organizing regional independence meetings and prepares and presents independence information during such conferences and quarterly webcasts
- Prepares training materials as needed
- Drafts guidance or other quality control documentation required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Ideally you will have a minimum of 5 years of experience preferably in public accounting or a member firm’s risk or independence management function.
Key Skills include:
- Cultural sensitivity to work across borders, including willingness to travel (required)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Multiple language skills are desirable
- Preferably being located within the Asia Pacific region
- Knowledge of IESBA, SEC and PCAOB independence standards is an advantage
- Familiar with audit / control review processes and approaches
- Ability to research and think analytically
- A self-starter who takes initiative to get things done, yet a team player
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
About us: Deloitte Culture
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Please send through an application or contact Gemma Battison from the Deloitte Talent Team for further information.