M&A Transaction Services - Senior Analyst
- Help clients navigate complex transactions
- Located in the fastest growing part of Sydney
- Outcomes focused, flexible working environment
- Be mentored by experienced transaction services practitioners
Western Sydney is home to some of Australia’s leading private businesses, and the headquarters of a large number of multi-nationals. New infrastructure projects – including Sydney’s second airport – will drive growth of our business and offer the opportunity for career progression.
Some of the landmark deals that we have worked on recently include:
- Providing vendor due diligence services to the owners of Inenco group, one of Australia’s oldest industrial products companies, in relation to their stake sale to Genuine Parts Company Inc
- Assisting large listed Swedish company Beijer Ref on its acquisition of Heatcraft Australia, a commercial refrigeration business.
- Acting as the Investigating Accountant on the IPOs of exciting fast-growing Australian technology companies like Audinate and Elmo.
We work collaboratively with our clients on successfully completing transactions which are often pivotal moments in their working careers and for the owners of businesses lives.
Our Parramatta-based M&A Transaction Services team is part of a broader New South Wales practice that regularly draws on the capabilities of our colleagues in other parts of Corporate Finance and from across the firm to deliver multi-disciplinary insights to our clients, supporting them throughout the transaction lifecycle. The role offers you the best of both worlds, being a compact group offering you exposure to all aspects of the M&A lifecycle but still operating as part of the national team.
You will be responsible for applying data analytics to derive deep insights for our customers, proactively engaging with senior client executives and other stakeholders and presenting on the findings of your work. You’ll be encouraged to build collaborative relationships across our business and with your clients and peers.
This role will see you:
- Work side-by-side with clients on exciting deals including acquisitions, divestments and capital raisings
- Develop deeper knowledge across all aspects of the M&A transaction lifecycle
- Build your negotiating and influencing skills through participating in meetings with clients and advisors
- Learning directly from partners and directors on interesting assignments
- Create incremental value through drafting appropriate clauses in transaction documents
- End-to-end project manage the due diligence process
- Mentor and coach a high-performing team
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations for senior management and boards
- Participate in business development and relationship building programs with key clients and stakeholders
- Participate in regular training and development programs tailored to your level of experience and designed to help you to be successful in your role
- Help manage the practice including arranging training and coordinating resourcing
- Work across the NSW market with opportunity to support projects in other States.
A highly motivated and talented performer, looking to move to one of the leading Transaction Services practices and with a focus on building teams and collaboration, your skills and experience should include:
- Strong experience in performing financial due diligence assignments in a transaction environment or undertaking similar complex financial assignments
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and communication skills with demonstrated ability to build credibility with senior executives and business owners
- Strong familiarity with the broader deal-oriented process and environment
- Appreciation of data analytics, data structures and visualisations, knowledge of Tableau highly-regarded
- Structured thinker with analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions
- Strong leadership capability to collaborate with senior executives and mentor a team
- You will enjoy working as part of a successful team and enjoy contributing to our open-minded and inclusive culture
- Post graduate qualification e.g. CA, CFA, Masters in Applied Finance or MBA
- Undergraduate degree in finance and/or accounting.
If you have any questions regarding this role you can contact Steph Polkinghorne in the Talent Acquisition Team via the Our Recruiters page on our careers site.
The minimum salary requirement for this role is $77,000 per annum including superannuation.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.