M&A Transaction Services - Associate Director
Over the last few years we have played a critical role in helping our clients successfully undertake some of Australia’s leading and iconic M&A and Capital Market transactions. Recent promotions and mobility transfers in our Sydney practice means we have opportunities for talented and ambitious Senior Analysts and Associate Directors to fast track their career with Deloitte.
Examples of our work
Infrastructure: We assisted the Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) consortium to acquire the Equis Energy business for $5bn, which represents the largest ever renewable energy deal in the Asia Pacific. A global Deloitte Infrastructure M&A team advised our client on all aspects of the transaction, including financial and tax diligence, modelling analysis around cash extraction, SPA negotiation and deal structuring.
Public Market Mergers / Takeovers: We assisted the shareholders of an ASX listed company understand an offer received from another company to buy their shares. This included advice on the fair value of their shares, based on an analysis of numerous similar businesses listed on capital markets around the world in order to understand the relative value of the company. This analysis was supplemented with a detailed operational and financial analysis to build forecasts of potential future performance
Private Equity: We assisted a consortium group comprised of Hosen Capital (a leading Chinese private equity firm), New Hope Group (China’s largest private agribusiness enterprise) and Temasek (Singapore investment company) acquire Real Pet Food Company. We performed analysis of maintainable earnings, underlying organic growth, recent trends in revenue and costs and assistance with the accounting aspects of the SPA.
Equity Capital Markets: Over the last three years, we have worked on the largest number of successful listings of private and private-equity backed businesses on the ASX. Our Equity Capital Markets team assists issuers and sponsors by performing the Investigating Accountant role on floats, and we continue to grow our independent advisory capability with a highly reputed team. The Investigating Accountant role includes a detailed review of prospectus forecasts to be able to sign off on the reasonableness of the underlying assumptions, which ultimately determine the valuation of these business. In 2017, Deloitte worked as the Investigating Accountant on the largest and most successful IPOs on the ASX including Netwealth, Moelis Australia and Bingo Industries.
About the Opportunity
Our Sydney based team regularly draws on the capabilities of our colleagues in other parts of M&A and from across the firm to deliver multi-disciplinary insights to our clients, supporting them throughout the transaction lifecycle.
As an Associate Director you will;
- Drive the delivery of engagements and help your clients execute complex transactions through pre-acquisition analysis, financial due diligence and forecast reviews
- Work directly with the partners in the more complex areas of transaction structuring and the accounting and taxation implications of alternate structures
- Build your negotiating and influencing skills
- Mentor and coach a team of high-performing practitioners
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations for senior management and boards
- Participate in business development and relationship building programs
- Help manage the practice including arranging training and coordinating resourcing
As a diverse team that prides itself on the level of talent, exuberance and an inclusive culture that fosters authenticity, we seek candidates from diverse backgrounds who would bring a similar attitude to work.
You will be a motivated and solid performer, looking to move to one of the leading Transaction Services practices and with a focus on collaboration, your skills and experience will include:
- Undergraduate degree in finance and/or accounting
- Post graduate qualification e.g. CA, CFA, Masters in Applied Finance or MBA
- Solid experience in performing financial due diligence assignments in a transaction environment or similar complex financial assignments; or business combination experience gained through the audit of acquisitive businesses
- Strong familiarity with the broader deal-oriented process and environment
- Structured thinker with analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions
About Us: Deloitte Culture
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
If you have any questions regarding this role you can contact Steph Russell in the Talent Acquisition Team on 02 9322 7695.