Government Advisory Director
We believe teamwork beats individual brilliance every time. Deloitte’s differentiation rests on the diverse capabilities of our people, and we encourage focus on the “we” rather than the “I”.
About our team
Deloitte Assurance and Advisory (A&A) offers external audit, finance advisory and accounting advisory services.
Within A&A, our Advisory group works with CFOs and their teams to resolve accounting issues, identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function and assist in budgeting, forecasting and the provision of management information.
About the role
Due to internal growth we are seeking a Director to join our Government Advisory team to focus on delivering services to the Western Australian Public Sector. As a senior member of this group we are looking for an individual who will:
- Take a lead role in the team on a range of Western Australian Public Sector initiatives
- Liaise with clients and primarily deliver finance-related projects, operating independently or as part of a team
- Deliver a different perspective to clients by leveraging your own experience and Deloitte global best practice
- Help clients to identify, prioritise and resolve issues
- Work in active Finance roles within client organisations before, during and after the delivery of a project
- Build a strong pipeline of business
- Engage with stakeholders at the CFO/Financial Controller level
- Build strong client relationships as preferred adviser
- Take an active role in bringing new ideas to the team
About your experience
- CA (or similar) qualified
- Previous experience in Professional Services or the Public Sector is advantageous
- Delivery of Finance projects with or without enabling technology – either within a Finance team or as a Consultant
- End user ERP experience (eg SAP, Oracle)
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Ability to prioritise without compromising on attention to detail
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast moving environment
- Flexibility to work interstate and potentially internationally
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. Please contact Chelsey Hatchett on .