Government Advisory - Analyst / Senior Analyst
Are you a commercially minded and pragmatic thinker with expertise in deep financial analysis? Then apply to join a newly created Public Sector Financial Advisory team and work with strategic clients in Defence, Health, Education, Social Services amongst others.
About the Opportunity
The Public Sector team combines expertise in corporate and financial strategy, business management, operational profit improvement, restructuring, and corporate recovery to deliver valuable financial advice to corporate and government clients.
A couple of opportunities have arisen in our growing practice, as such we are open to consider Analyst to Manager level candidates.
About the Work
As a member of the team you will play a role in articulating and developing the Deloitte value proposition and track record in the market, and serve the diverse needs of your Public Sector clients around;
- Financial analysis & modelling
- Data analysis, insight generation and visualisation
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Financial capacity, viability & sustainability
- Business case development & evaluation
- Cost management, driver analysis and cost of service reduction
- Restructuring (service reconfiguration, & transmission of business)
- Commercial advice (risk allocation, contract negotiation & management)
- Program funding analysis and structuring
You can ideally demonstrate experience:
- Previous experience working for or consulting to Government on matters of financial performance, financial management and service delivery improvement (Treasury, Finance, Education, Health and Justice particularly appreciated)
- An ability to perform deep financial analysis and determinate practical solutions to issues of cost reduction, funding, strategic decision and complex stakeholders communications
- A desire to deliver exceptional client service
- The enthusiasm to work as part of a strong team
- An existing network of contacts within the Public Sector will be highly regarded
- An Accounting or Commerce background
- Related post-graduate qualification or currently studying (e.g. CA, CFA or MBA...)
Should you have any questions about this role, you can contact Juliette Jamoneau on 02 8260 4149.