About our team
No other Australian “Big 4” firm has a dedicated team with a stronger history or specific focus on private clients like we do. Our globally growing Deloitte Private practice is a national team of 1,100 staff including 110 Partners committed to providing complete business solutions to middle market enterprises, including private and family businesses, public listed entities, entrepreneurs and high net wealth individuals.
Our Deloitte Private Transaction team’s focus is guiding clients through the entire lifecycle of the transaction process. In the past 12 months we have completed numerous buy-side and sell-side transactions, as well as other deals related work (financial model reviews, vendor assistance, post-merger integration, etc.) and mid-market IPOs with our sweet spot being EVs of c.$20-50m. We also work closely with our Deloitte Corporate Finance team who service larger and more complex deals.
Our team is growing fast which is creating an opportunity to expand to meet the demands on our services in this segment - and as a result we are seeking expression of interests from outstanding (and success-hungry) professionals who would be interested in joining the firm in the very near-future.
About the role
As a Senior Analyst you will work in the Transactions team of our Deloitte Private business, working with a number of private clients, private equity companies, high net worth individuals and family offices. Ideally, the successful candidate will have a middle market foundation with exposure to transactions including Financial Due Diligence. Ideally, you will have previously experienced the whole life cycle of a business being sold or purchased.
The role includes developing relationships with a variety of stakeholders including with private equity teams and working cross service line within Deloitte. There are excellent progression opportunities in this fast growing area of our business. This is an interesting role with a significant amount of lateral thinking required.
Some of the key responsibilities of our Seniors include:
• Develop a deep understanding of the target business and its drivers
• Analyse information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information
• Review historical trading, quality of earnings, cash flow, working capital, net debt, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
• Report of potential key issues for our clients including identification of risk or price factors impacting investment decisions
• Review of sale and purchase agreements and financial model
• Present findings and observations to the engagement managers
About your experience
A highly motivated and talented performer, looking to move to one of the leading Transaction Services practices and with a focus on collaboration, your skills and experience will include:
• (Preferred) Over one year’s experience in performing financial due diligence assignments in a transaction environment or similar complex financial assignments; or business combination experience gained through the audit of acquisitive businesses
• Strong familiarity with the broader deal-oriented process and environment
• Structured thinker with analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions
• Undergraduate degree in finance and/or accounting
• Post graduate qualification e.g. CA, CFA, Masters in Applied Finance or MBA
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, elite Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, craft a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'. From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities to succeed – in every sense of the word.
We acknowledge that we won’t always have the perfect opportunity available at the time you are looking, but we can ensure we keep you in mind when the opportunity does arise.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience, career goals and timeline, we want to hear from you! Click “Apply” below and submit your application.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Marlon Vallarta via the Our Recruiters section on our Careers website.