Deloitte Private is seeking an experienced business advisor to deliver business evaluation services to small and medium tourism businesses in Darwin, NT, through the AusIndustry Entrepreneurs’ Programme.
The Entrepreneurs’ Programme is the Australian Government’s flagship initiative for business competitiveness and productivity at the firm level. It forms part of the Australian Government’s new industry policy outlined in the Industry Innovation and Competitiveness Agenda. The objective of the Entrepreneur’s Programme is to drive business growth and competitiveness by supporting business improvement and promoting economic growth through research connections and commercialisation of new products, processes and services.
Using experienced Business Advisors drawn from industry, the Entrepreneurs’ Programme has been extended to Northern Australia to provide business advisory services to the tourism sector, and to improve their capabilities, extend their networks and take advantage of growth opportunities.
• Based in Darwin, NT
• Subcontract basis
• Contract until June 30 2019
As a business advisor delivering services through the Entrepreneurs’ Programme, you will demonstrate an enthusiastic and genuine interest working with eligible tourism businesses to foster innovation, productivity, collaboration and continuous improvement.
You will be proactive and client focussed, with a proven track record of creating positive business outcomes, and building strong and sustainable networks. Your objective will be to identify and engage eligible local businesses, work with them to identify opportunities for improvement, and support them to implement recommendations moving forward.
Your role may include:
• providing advice and mentoring to eligible businesses;
• mapping capability and connections for eligible businesses
• driving linkages between similar businesses and encourage bundling of the tourism offering; and
• providing recommendations to eligible businesses to embed improvements in their business.
Skills and qualifications
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• Senior level, typically 10 years’ experience in business management, operational management or experience in the tourism sector
• Excellent report writing and marketing collateral development capabilities - including the ability to communicate complex information to non-specialists in a clear and succinct way;
• Experience around staff engagement, training and retention – an ability to support businesses recruit and retain staff
• Experience working with local indigenous communities – established networks within local indigenous communities in order to foster connections with existing businesses
• Business operations acumen - strong business analysis and systems analysis skills and experience;
• Relationship building - advanced stakeholder, relationship and client management and engagement skills and experience;
• Business development capabilities - demonstrated experience in business development and actively building, maintaining and managing a pipeline of customers;
• Strong communication skills - excellent communication, interpersonal, representation, influencing and negotiation skills, and a proven ability to use clear, concise language in correspondence as well as including content appropriate for the purpose and audience when preparing written briefs and reports; and
• Client focus - ability to build rapport quickly, and create and sustain effective relationships with clients in order to build a common understanding and address needs.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience, career goals and timeline, we want to hear from you! Click “Apply” below and submit your application.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Marlon Vallarta via the Our Recruiters section on our Careers website.