Creativity is encouraged; innovation is expected. At Deloitte, we are all responsible for challenging the status quo, and bringing innovative and “…and different” thinking to everything we do.
About the team
Our Confidentiality & Information Security Office (CISO) is Deloitte’s internal security function. It sits within the national risk team and is a key enabler in protecting the green dot. Our goal is to embed security risk intelligent culture across Deloitte through a world class security program. Such a culture empowers our people, giving them the capacity to act. It also reduces adverse outcomes and helps to cement our reputation for first class service delivery.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Business Continuity Specialist to join our internal CISO team in Sydney. As the successful candidate, you will lead the build-out, streamlining and operation of a converged business continuity program for Deloitte.
Reporting to Deloitte’s Information Security & Governance Senior Manager, your primary role will be to work with business to help them identify the critical services and develop strategies continue business and make it more resilient.
As a strategic enabler for our client-facing teams, you will collaborate to provide subject matter expertise in the areas for business continuity
Working as part of the broader CISO team, you will build close relationships with IT, senior partners and staff across the business and will have every opportunity to develop a highly rewarding profile across Deloitte. As such, you will be responsible for:
• Business continuity program & work toward ISO 22301 certification
• Assisting in the conduct of business impact analysis and risk assessments;
• Creating, reviewing and updating policies, standards and procedures
• Supporting internal audit activities
• Interviewing senior stakeholders across the business
• Facilitating BCP & DR tests
• Travel security management
• Lead the development and delivery of relevant training and awareness initiatives
• Consult with and provide advice to our Partners and staff regarding controls and activities to make their business more resilient.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a career in business continuity / resilience at Deloitte Australia. As such, you will be responsible for a critical portfolio and implement strategies that will support our ability to continue operations, safeguard staff and avoid adverse outcomes. This role presents an excellent opportunity for you to develop your resilience expertise and to gain exposure to the entire firm, including our most senior Partners.
We are seeking an individual who is looking to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and our community. You’ll want to be part of a highly visible internal security team that balances agility and innovation against client security requirements on a daily basis. You’ll have 2 – 5 years of direct, demonstrable experience across most of the activities described above.
In particular, you will have:
• Knowledge in implementing, managing and auditing an ISO-22301 BCMS
• Tertiary level qualifications with relevant professional certifications
• Broad knowledge of Business continuity principles and practices
• ISO22301 / ISO27001 Lead Implementer or Lead auditor certification considered a plus
• Excellent communication skills and ability to present ideas clearly and effectively
• Experience contributing to an ISO-27001 ISMS is also well regarded
• Strong written and oral communication skills are a must have
• logical and efficient approach to problem solving
• ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• highly self-motivated and directed
About us: Deloitte Culture
We pride ourselves on having a team of diverse, high performing professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – they are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Please send through an application or contact Suzanne Dunne on from the Deloitte Talent Team for further information.