Senior Data Scientist – Part time/Full time
Deloitte is the world’s largest professional service firm, with one of the largest and most experienced Analytics and Information Management (AIM) practices. We have 400 specialised consultants in Australia and more than 6,000 practitioners in the Deloitte global network.
Our clients are increasingly looking to make sense of their data and for analytics to generate an insight-driven advantage. To meet this demand Deloitte’s Analytics practice is seeking talented people with demonstrable analytics experience in business-facing or technical roles, from strategy to implementation.
About the Role
Across industries and both large and small clients, the appetite for analytical insight is growing. Our clients are increasingly looking to make sense of their data and for analytics to underpin their business decision making and deliver a tangible impact.
To meet this demand Deloitte’s Analytics practice is seeking talented people with demonstrable leadership experience from strategy to execution in the Analytics domains. We are looking for people who love data and want to solve problems with insight. Whether you call yourself a data scientist, analytics nerd, strategist or builder of predictive models, we want to hear from you if you are genuinely passionate about this area and have some applied experience.
Do you want to build your brand by working for a leading consulting firm that drives eminence in the marketplace? Are you interested in leveraging your analytical skills and strategic ideas to solve complex issues for our clients and communities? This is an opportunity to harness emerging technologies and analytical methodologies to solve real world problems. You will get an opportunity to be part of a close, collaborative team that identifies and builds solutions that are practical as well as visionary, and that make an impact that matters.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for leading client team engagements and contributing to solutions in areas such as Advanced Visualisation, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Real-Time Decisioning, Content Analytics and Guided Actions.
Data scientists share many traits. Chief among them? A love for data and statistics and a penchant for investigation and analysis. But it’s their individual interests that set data scientists apart. Their reasons for entering the field are as varied as the projects they work on. That's why at Deloitte, we give our data science professionals not just the resources, training, and tools they need to be successful, but also the freedom and power to create their own paths forward to make a difference. We want to hear from you if you are genuinely passionate about this area and have at least eight years’ applied experience.
· As a Director you will possess the following competencies:An ability to understand business strategy, business requirements and to envision how predictive analytics technologies enable organizational strategies
· A strong background in applying mathematical and analytics approaches and methodologies to business problem solving and identifying complex relationships in data
· A demonstrable interest and passion for exploring new data/analytics concepts, applications and innovations (e.g. Cognitive, AI, Deep Learning, RPA, IoT etc.)
· Determine, develop and deliver innovative strategies and tools to target new and current clients.
· Ability to communicate technical requirements and translate results into business recommendations in a clear and concise manner Develop solutions for complex client situations to ensure meeting of goals and objectives and deliver results on time. Render quality control for engagement team’s work.
· Initiate and center team efforts to gather, analyze and interpret data and formulate recommendations and conclusions.
· Engage in practice management such as tools, methodologies, people development and proposals.
· Expand and identify current and new business projects by strengthening client relationships.
· Additionally, we seek technical experience in the following areas:
· Working experience with statistical analysis and modelling is a must
· Working experience with predictive modelling and simulation techniques
· Ability to query and mine large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examine data and isolate targeted information - using traditional as well as predictive/advanced analytic methodologies
· Strong programming skills in one or more: Python, R, Scala, SAS, MATLAB,
· Experience in database design, development with advanced proficiency in SQL.
· Experience with data cleansing techniques and tools
· Working experience with machine learning algorithms and platforms such as AzureML or MLLib or Mahout, etc. is a plus
· Working experience with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, MapReduce or Spark is a plus
About Us: Deloitte Culture
Join a high performing culture of talented people, who are highly motivated and passionate about delivering impactful analytics solutions and insight. We are innovative and different because YOU are… we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, build a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities that will set you up to succeed – in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life…you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
If you have questions regarding this role, the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. Please contact Emily Merchant via the Our Recruiters section on our careers website.
‘By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.’