Consultant / Senior Consultant – Risk, Risk Assurance - Canberra
As a Senior Consultant within the Risk Assurance team you will provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape and the controls in place. You will work with clients to help create trust and confidence in their financial reporting and internal control over financial reporting, provide assurance related to internal controls, assess risks and controls and provide industry/sector insights and thought leadership with a focus on risk and control matters.
Your key responsibilities
- Identify key risk areas within the client organisation associated with IT governance, information security, systems & project change, and IT operations – and make suggestions to assist a client in managing these risks.
- IT Assurance/ Audit - including the execution of evaluating and design of IT controls (e.g. application & general controls) in support of an external audit.
- Internal audits – including the execution of audits of IT processes against leading practice IT risk and security frameworks and common standards (e.g. CoBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001/02).
- Service Organisation Controls Reporting and agreed upon procedures reviews against standards such as ISAE/ASAE3402/ SSAE16.
- Program Assurance – including the facilitation of project definition documentation that uphold the prudency and efficiency principles and detailing scope, timing, cost, resourcing, quality and risk.
- Working effectively as a team member – sharing responsibilities in developing and coaching junior staff, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
Skills and attributes for success
- You will build relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture with a ‘have a go attitude’
- You will contribute to high quality deliverables underpinned by a keen attention to detail
- The ability to manage client relationships and expectations
- A risk focused mind-set
- A structured approach to projects and documentation, and a demonstrated understanding of risk based auditing methodologies
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Australian citizenship and the eligibility for security clearance
- Experience with a globally/nationally recognised professional services firm or large corporation in IT Audit/IT Risk
- 3-4 years, experience in having applied relevant technical knowledge in either (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) ISAE/ASAE3402/ SSAE16 engagements; and/or (c) ERP security and controls reviews
- Demonstrated project management and relationship building capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Experience in leading, supervising and coaching teams across multiple engagement teams and projects
- A relevant Bachelor's and/or Post Graduate qualification
Ideally, you will also have:
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, IIA, CPRM, Risk & Compliance Management, PRINCE2, MPS/PMBOK, ITIL, PMO (or a willingness to pursue)
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated people who demonstrate a truly global mind-set and are inspired by the chance to really push boundaries and make the absolute most of every opportunity.
What working at EY offers
You’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your career, and given more opportunities to move into new areas, geographies or disciplines – if you want to. Your performance will be rewarded and recognised, so you are motivated to move quickly along your chosen career path. Plus we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive and equal opportunity employer, with a workforce that represents the diverse society that we live within. We are happy to consider formal and informal flexible working arrangements to allow you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. We encourage you to talk to us about this during the recruitment process.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
© 2018 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved.