Vice President, Customer Advocacy
As part of one of the world's largest financial services companies with a presence in more than 100 countries, Citi Australia has provided financial services to Australian corporates, consumers, institutions and governments for more than 30 years. Recognised for its innovative range of global products and services, Citi today counts more than one million Australians and one thousand local corporate and institutional clients as valued customers.
The Customer Experience & Cultural Change team is responsible for the thought leadership, delivery and execution of all activities improving the customer experience across the consumer bank, including the management of complaints received through external dispute resolution and Citibank’s Credit Operations channels. The Customer Experience & Cultural Change Team partners with each business area and customer servicing unit to drive tangible improvements in our customer experience, increase customer loyalty and consideration in the market and drive a culture of customer-centricity.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Experience & Cultural Change, the VP of Customer Advocacy will be responsible for enhancing Citibank’s dispute resolution, potential systemic issue identification, escalation and remediation and also assist with issue prevention processes across the Consumer bank. The role will have overall oversight of the complaints resolution process to allow the identification of potential vulnerable customers in the process as well as acting as an escalation point for customers who wish to have their complaints independently reviewed. The successful candidate will also be responsible for embedding a robust model to drive ownership and accountability of complaints and complaint trends and to help create a culture of proactive identification of potential issues and ensure these are remediated in terms of our fairness principles and in accordance with regulatory guidance.
- Identification of potentially vulnerable customers in the existing dispute resolution process for prioritisation, ensuring that the dispute resolution process is fair and timely
- To act as an escalation point and to provide an independent review of the complaint process and outcomes for consumer customers who choose to escalate complaints to the Customer Advocate
- Ongoing review of the internal and external dispute resolution processes, including recommendations on improvements to the process and training opportunities to prevent further escalation
- Engagement with key stakeholders on complaint trends to act as a key influencer and decision maker to drive process changes and a culture of continuous improvement
- Proactive identification of potential systemic issues or unfair customer practices, working closely with the business and Compliance to act as a key influencer and decision maker to make appropriate process & product changes
- Identifying training opportunities within the organisation to improve the overall complaint handling experience
- Acting as the customer representative on key projects including new product development and process changes, to ensure these meet Citibank’s Treating Customers Fairly requirements
KEY CAPABILITIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership: ability to lead and motivate teams, both small and large to achieve best outcomes
- Stakeholder Management: Ability to influence and manage key stakeholders to Leadership Team level
- Dispute resolution: experience in internal and / or external dispute resolution and remediation
- Financial Services:A sound understanding of the financial services sector and regulatory environment
- Self- management: Self-starter, high motivation levels, taking full accountability for own performance
- Meeting facilitation skills: Ability to guide meetings to appropriate, useful and creative outcomes with commitment and ownership
- Attention to detail: Commitment to ensuring accuracy of work
- Integrity: A proven history of exercising sound judgement in the best interests of customers
- Teamwork: Great team player with the attitude to accomplish the tasks assigned to the team
- Customer Focus: A strong customer focus, ensuring the customer is front and centre of everything we do
- University undergraduate degree (preferred)
- Experience with project management methodology
- Lean experience or certification is desirable, but not essential
- When you work at Citi, you’ll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.