Citi is seeking an Analyst to lead Building Materials and Steel research. The role will encompass financial analysis and valuation, meeting company management, suppliers and competitors to develop investing insights and intelligence which will be marketed to institutional clients and Sales & Trading.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of seven years’ experience in a corporate strategy / development or sell-side research. This will suit a driven and analytical individual who can scrutinise a company’s prospects and possesses the client relationship management skills to thrive in a market-facing role.
- Undertake bottom up analysis of constituent companies to provide investment recommendations across a diverse range of industries
- Develop and maintain financial models used to forecast company earnings and company valuations.
- Originate research ideas identifying commercial investing insights
- Publish written company and industry reports in a clear, succinct and timely manner
- Liaise with and present to clients (internal and external) and stakeholders
- Assist internal sales and trading teams in the timely analysis of breaking news
- Attend industry and company conferences
- Respond to client requests
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Post-graduate qualifications in finance e.g. CFA, MBA, Masters, Chartered Accounting would be an advantage
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in sell-side equity research (preferably in Building Materials or Steel) or other relevant financial industry experience
- Strong financial & analytical skills to critically dissect earning reports and develop detailed financial models to produce rigorously supported valuations
- Ability to articulate investment insights and research in written products’ experience in the retail industry, either as a retailer, supplier, or consultant
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail
- Familiarity of equity markets and investment valuation techniques is expected
- Building Materials or Steel industry knowledge highly desirable
- Willingness to work under time constraints, handling multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Inquisitive and discerning, able to identify and market commercially viable industry insights.
- Ability to demonstrate original thought and sound judgment
When you work at Citi, you’ll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.