Burst SMS is a global messaging provider, and one of the fastest growing technology companies in Australia. Currently ranked in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 and Asia Pacific Fast 500, Burst aims to be the world’s most innovative provider of localised messaging services. We pride ourselves on providing an easy to use online SMS platform with a focus on SMS marketing, SMS for operations, and advanced SMS API solutions.
We are curious individuals who believe in four core values: innovation, efficiency, responsiveness, and more importantly - fun. Every person is respected as a valuable contributor no matter their role. We do not talk about how good we are, we demonstrate and lead by example. We always try to help our clients and each other in the most responsive way possible. Innovation is what we strive for by building new features with our clients in mind.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced and passionate finance manager to join the Burst SMS team and help take over the financial administration of the company from the CEO and external bookeeper. The ideal candidate will have experience managing all aspects of financial control of a business, and some direct experience working within technology companies and/or a keen interest in all things digital is preferred.
- Attain a full and comprehensive working knowledge of the Bust SMS platform, related client and financial systems and company/product pricing structure. Including Xero, Stripe
- Help management take the Finance function of the business to the next level and assist in carving this out to a stand alone unit. Providing advice and action on improving the efficiency, measurability and completeness of all financial aspects of the business.
- Working with outsourced bookkeeper and management to learn the preparation of monthly financial reports. P/L & B/S. Ultimate view to bring this function in house.
- Take over processing of monthly PAYG, Payroll, BAS & Super.
- Take over the preparation of monthly PL and B/S reports.
- Working extensively with Xero, Stripe
- Business Expense allocation and logging from Credit Card & EFT Invoices.
- Execution of Accounts Payable & Receivable function.
- Preparation and issue of pre-paid Client invoices on request.
- Manage client pre-paid invoice payment confirmation and platform credit addition.
- Preparation of monthly client post paid invoices.
- Chasing of any outstanding post paid invoices past 45 days.
- Processing of bi-monthly Reseller payout requests.
- Processing of bi-monthly Company expense runs.
- Dealing with Client refund requests
- Dealing with any platform related finance and Billing issues as arise.
- Work with Support and customers on Monitoring, Investigation and resolution of any Credit Card Chargebacks.
- Be able to investigate client financial issues, and Burst platform ledger anomalies.
- Develop a more robust monthly client invoicing, tracking and payment process.
- Work with management to create a reporting framework for various financial metrics of interest.
- Business Forecasting and ratio analysis and monitoring
- Government grant applications and renewals
- Client & Supplier contract review (commercials)
- Assist management in implementing an Employee Share options plan
- Assist management in having the company corporate structure reviewed and advised as it relates to international expansion to NZ, US, UK, Asia etc. Execute on advice.
- Help manage and process corporate actions of the business including investments, spin-offs, share issuance etc.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Qualities
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant field.
- Highly qualified by experience or CPA + quals.
- Exceptional and demonstrable analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Experience in the government grant space a bonus
- Any supplier/client contract preparation, rollovers, review experience a bonus.
- Experience in international jursidictions a big bonue
If you are keen, you can learn more about what we do here: