Head of Technology & Delivery
The BRG provides management and services to its subsidiaries RedBalloon, Redii, Wrapped and The Huddle and as the only representative of Albert AI in Australia and New Zealand. BRG companies are focused on the success of other businesses in ANZ.
Key to the success of the all the BRG companies is the seamless support offered by the shared services teams, at the heart of this is our Technology Team. The technology team offer support across all platforms, websites, systems and operations that underpin the operations of the BRG.
This role sits within the Technology team and will focus on transforming our approach to key business digital projects. You will oversee key technology projects across business and also the process, structure, delivery and governance across the Technology team and wider BRG.
The role will see you set up and oversee delivery projects , process improvements and business transformation acting as a 'program director' across all work in the Technology team. In addition you will oversee the Development teams (offshore & onshore) and work closely with business stakeholders to ensure clear plans, roles, communications and success metrics are in place and clearly managed. You will liase with external vendors and senior leaders to ensure every project is seamlessly executed and delivered on time and within budget.
Our ideal candidate is a competent people manager with a background in establishing new ways of working within a tech, ecommerce or digital environment and success in rolling out clear delivery processes to ensure only high quality work is released.
- Establish structure and process around Tech projects, process and delivery and educate and manage team to processes
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques - introduce new system or process where needed
- Act as a key advisor to the CTO and senior leadership team and various business leaders
- Ensure the project reporting is robust, exception-based and flexible enough to meet the changing needs of the business
- Define cross-divisional impacts and interdependencies
- Build strong relationships across the business, understand business needs and priorities
- Educate on Agile Project Management and its benefits, influence teams to run with your recommended process
- Ensure all key stakeholders are provided essential project information and communication is timely and consistent
- Contribute to and lead a positive working environment
What you'll bring:
- Influence stakeholders and Technology team to embed a Project Management culture, manage expectations and prioritise competing business needs
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to positively influence outcomes
- Collaborate, empower, inspire and develop a highly effective and engaged team
- Deep knowledge of contemporary project management theory and practice in a Technology, ecommerce or Digital environment.
- Sophisticated stakeholder management capability coupled with superior presentation skills at senior leadership team and executive level
- Well-honed and successful track record of applying superior influencing skills and techniques in order to facilitate quality decision making by business leaders and other key stakeholders
- A professional approach and a willingness to work in a high performing team that values openness and transparency
- Experience in leading, influencing and managing teams
- A strong track record of delivery and execution and changing behaviours for commercial success
- Extensive Project/Program/Technology Management experience in transformational change in organisations with complex stakeholder relationships and multi-divisional structures
- Experience in developing and running an agile delivery model
This is a unique role to work with CTO, technology team and wider business in a transformation stage, you will be comfortable being in the detail and designing long term strategy to thrive in this role and SME environment.
Please apply using the link provided.