Graphic Designer (Freelance/Contract)
- Immediate start 4 month contract
- Digital design and animation focus across a variety of eComm brands
- Mid to Senior level
The Big Red Group is home to multiple successful ecommerce marketplaces, we allow businesses to thrive in the support of our shared service teams and commercial leaders. We play to win and strive to fail fast and disrupt the digital world.
Our Graphic Designer is a key member of the Creative Services Internal Agency team helping to support a diverse range of brands including RedBalloon, Wrapped, Redii, naomisimson.com and Marketics. You will work with internal clients and colleagues and play a leading role in the concepting and delivery across both digital and print initiatives.
The day-to-day will be very dynamic and with a wide spectrum of work - from campaign concepting, to printed collateral, branding/identity work, illustrations, digital banners, motion graphics, social assets and the likes.
You will be responsible for delivering exceptional, consistent and audience-appropriate graphic design that adds value to business outcomes, and lifts the profile and profitability of all company brands.
What you will be doing
- Develop high quality design deliverables according to brief
- Ensure adherence to brand & style guidelines across all initiatives
- Efficiently manage your time to meet tight deadlines across multiple briefs
- Work hand-in-hand with Creative Manager for large campaign and conceptual work
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders - from understanding brief requirements, presenting creative, and managing all reviews & approvals
- Maintain system & procedures to ensure accuracy, timeliness and presentation of outputs
- Liaising with external suppliers/vendors when needed
- Provide direction & support to junior staff if needed
What you need to bring
- 4 - 5+ year experience in agency or in-house design teams
- Ability to work across both print & digital mediums
- Ability to think creatively and convey new ideas through the right visual language
- Exceptional eye for the right imagery, typography and colour
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to internal clients & colleagues
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills
- Proficient in basic design software - Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch
- Video editing & HTML5 skills are highly desirable
- Web design, programming (HTML and CSS) a plus
- Across the latest design & digital trends in the market
- Able to work unsupervised and under pressure to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills