CFO - Big Red Group
The Big Red Group (BRG) is all about business success. The BRG provides management and services to its subsidiariesRedBalloon
and The Huddle
and Marketics; the representative of Albert
in Australia and New Zealand. BRG companies are marketplaces focussed on the success of other businesses. Our founders, Naomi Simson and David Anderson are passionate about supporting Australian business owners.
As the newly set up BRG business continues to grow and evolve we are looking for an experienced and inspiring CFO to provide financial and commercial insight to the CEO, BRG Businesses & Board and lead the Finance shared services team. As a key member of the Senior Executive Team the role will play a pivotal part in the achievement of the company’s strategic objectives through strong leadership of the finance function, expertise in corporate financing and sound financial, commercial and growth leadership through transformation.
The role works across all BRG businesses, driving commercial initiatives, educating on financial models and external market changes, driving a big data and analysis approach to how we grow and scale the BRG in a competitive technology and ecommerce industry. You will be confident with all aspects of M&A, forecasting, modelling schemes, leading commercial partnerships and supporting leaders with future plans - balancing investment, growth and commercial opportunity.
As a senior leader in the organisation the CFO will also need to personify the organisation’s culture and values, and this will be critical to your ongoing success.
You will have experience working with a CEO, passionate founder and Board in a transformational phase of a business journey. You will have your mindset focused on owning your role and support offered by the Finance shared services team, optimising and growing the business at all times. You will inspire the wider BRG team to participate and take the business on the adventure to consciously win.
- Facilitate transparency of accurate financial performance across the organisation.
- Work with commercial leaders to drive improved performance across multiple businesses in a matrix cost structure.
- Ensure business decisions are grounded in sound financial analysis for positive commercial wins.
- Building innovative and highly effective finance programs to drive revenue.
- Implement evidence-based strategic plans to the Board to achieve key business metrics based on business priorities.
- Contribute to the development of the company's vision and strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company shared services financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth, implement new systems & tools
- Consolidate performance measures at group level with sub-analysis to show performance by business.
- Financial statutory reporting responsibility for the group. Ensure reporting meets requirements of key stakeholders such as banks, shareholders, Board and Board sub-committees.
- Lead the long term planning, annual budget and forecasting.
- Lead and inspire a growing finance shared service team that scales, design team structure to meet the needs of the business
- Present insightful financial information with an emphasis on performance reporting
You will have experience in.....
- Strong financial management experience with a well-developed commercial edge and an inherent ability to provide valuable business insight
- Experience as part of an Executive Leadership Team
- Experience effectively managing financial and commercial risks resulting in successful business growth
- Experience in entrepreneurial, start-up or high growth environments requiring fast moving, innovative and practical responses balancing risk and opportunity
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning and execution, people management, stakeholder management and negotiation – in a hands-on way
- Collaborative, mature and inclusive working style reflective of the organisation’s values
- Develop and implement organisation's financial goals in a high change matrix commercial environment
- Oversee the investment of funds and manage associated risks for growth and revenue
- Execute strategies to support the firm's expansion, including M&A related activities, setting up a matrix organisation with multiple businesses and a shared service costing structure
- Results-driven, brand and revenue-focused approach
Whats in it for you?
- Chance to be part of a pioneering business
- Transformation project finance opportunity
- Inspiring Founder & Owners
- Competitive package - Base + STI + LTI
Please note:This isn’t a nurturing finance opportunity - this is a role for a Commercial Finance Executive looking to be a key player in running and scaling a new business to success.
To be considered for this special opportunity, please apply using the link below and showcasing why you should be considered.
For any specific questions please contact email@example.com