Senior Consultant/Assistant Manager - Corporate Tax
BDO is the largest mid-market professional service provider globally, with the depth and breadth of services and expertise to deliver on all of our clients’ needs. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. Our culture is collaborative and personal, and we recognise that to deliver exceptional service, we must provide an empowering and flexible environment for our people.
As a member of the Tax team you will provide specialist tax advisory and compliance services to a wide range of clients. The majority of the clients are corporate, listed and large private groups, and span across a range of industries. Reporting to a Senior Manager and a Partner, you will have responsibility for managing assignments, assisting in the development of more junior members of the team and building lasting client relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of advice, reports and other client documents using applicable income tax law that supports the opinion/conclusion
- Preparation of tax returns, statements of taxable income and tax effect accounting.
- Taxation of trusts, preparation and review of distribution statements
- Research and support for negotiations and settlements with the Tax Office
- Identify risks and apply global and local quality control processes and risk procedures
- Researching technical issues
- Ensure client engagements are completed to a high standard within a specified timeframe
- Supervise/Mentor more junior employees and assist with their professional development
- Directly contribute to the development of service line strategy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed:
- Minimum 4 years experience, ideally in Corporate Tax within a Big 4 or mid-tier firm.
- CA qualification or post graduate qualification in tax
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce or Accounting
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability
- Demonstrated writing ability, drafting of letters of advice and other technical documents
- Demonstrated background in tax compliance
- Strong research skills
- Strong commitment to quality service and client relationships
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work well as a member of a high performing team
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and with external clients
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What we can offer you:
In addition to an industry competitive salary package, BDO offers a culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
To submit your application please click Apply Now!