Manager / Senior Manager - Corporate Finance - Melbourne
BDO is one of the leading full service audit, tax and advisory firms in the world. We provide our services to a diverse range of clients, from large corporate organisations to private businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals across a broad array or industry sectors.
BDO Corporate Finance is a large full service corporate finance team, with a focus on the mid-market.
The team provides a broad range of corporate finance services including:
- Due diligence (buy-side and sell-side)
- Investigating accountant’s reports
- Integration and separation assistance
- Mergers and acquisitions lead advisory
- Strategic advice
Reporting to partners, this role will involve working closely with all levels of staff across a range of corporate finance services. The ideal candidate will have strong diligence and commercial skills and experience along with a desire to extend their existing skillset across the broader range of corporate finance services. This is a rare opportunity to join a full service corporate finance team in a leading professional services firm. The successful candidate will make a major contribution to the continued growth of the team and as such has a fantastic opportunity to accelerate their career progression.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engagements - managing the engagement from start to finish including management of the engagement team and the preparation of the required deliverables:
- Due diligence engagements – scoping, managing and reviewing in-depth analysis of company information and financial statements, interpreting analysis and reporting key findings and recommendations
- M&A engagements – profiling potential acquirers, drafting information memorandums, population of data rooms, managing transaction process and assisting with negotiations
- Managing the preparation of research on companies, the economy, industries and comparable transactions
- Building and managing client relationships
- Manage researching of opportunities and preparation of proposals
- Performance management, mentoring and training junior staff members
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual, with strong client focus and proactive attitude. You will need to demonstrate a passion for the Corporate Finance industry and outstanding communication and relationship building skills. We require a strong team player, with excellent commercial acumen.
Other key skill / attributes required include:
- Advanced financial analysis skills and due diligence experience
- Inquisitive and challenging nature
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Achieves successful outcomes through clear and effective communications and the ability to relate to others
- Assumes responsibility and accountability
- Works collaboratively to achieve a positive team outcome
- Gathers the right information to propose a practical approach, progresses to align solutions to commercial results
- Organises time and resources to achieve aims
- Acts with integrity and builds a positive profile to reach desired outcome
- Is willing and driven, takes a proactive approach
- Presents self in a professional manner
- Advanced report writing skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Degree in one or more fields including, Accounting, Commerce, Business or Finance.
What we will offer you:
In addition to an industry competitive salary package and a broad range of employee benefits, BDO offers a culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.