Proud to be redefining what it means to be a bank by challenging the status quo, creating innovative products and developing solutions for our customers in an agile working environment.
The System Engineer is a key member in the delivery of enterprise services for Bankwest.
They offer hands on support during and outside standard business hours for business enabling applications & services.
In addition, they provide incident response, lead change implementation activities, and drive deployment automation and process improvements.
You will be able to demonstrate;
- A strong understanding of Windows and Unix operating systems (AIX 7.1, RHEL6, RHEL7).
- LAN/WAN architecture.
- Networking (TCP/IP) and network security theory, including load balancers, firewalls, proxies and other appliances.
- Experience with complex, distributed environment such as applications attaching to multiple layers or tiers (e.g. Databases, Middleware, Processing and Delivery Tiers).
- Familiarity with IT service management concepts, particularly change management, incident management and problem management.
Previous experience of working in a Dev/Ops environment and an understanding of Java Application Servers, Powershell, Teamcity, Octopus Deploy, Vsphere and C# are of interest but are not essential.
- Customer Obsessed. You have the customer experience and their best interests front of mind and challenge your team to do the same.
- Flexible to change. You are able to motivate yourself and those around you in order to face challenges and overcome hurdles with resilience.
- Collaborative. You recognise and respect the value that diversity brings in shaping an amazing outcome for our customers.
- An Excellent Communicator, you possess a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence when interacting with your stakeholders.
- You proactively embrace the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills further as our industry continues to evolve.
We promote flexibility to balance your work and home life and ensure you achieve your career goals and personal needs.