Group Tax Manager - part time
- Drawing on rich history to create better connected futures
- Provide high quality taxation services for the Group entities
- Newly created role, 12mth Fixed Term Contract, Part time flexible work pattern
- Chatswood based
About BAI Communications
At BAI, we draw from our rich history to create even better connected futures.
We are both big enough to deliver and maintain large-scale operations and nimble enough to make things happen.
We deliver Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity on subways from New York to Hong Kong to Toronto and we keep Australians, from the cities to the outback, connected to what matters to them.
We build technology, and teams, that people want to be part of, and we have the courage to not only imagine, but to do, what really matters.
Help us imagine and create what’s next. Join us.
About the role
Newly created, this position will play a pivotal role to provide high quality taxation services in relation to guiding tax audits to their conclusion and tax structuring for Group entities across Australia, United States, Canada, Asia and Europe.
- Understand the position papers from the tax authority and BAI and identify various outcomes for the audits
- Present detailed recommendations to management and the Board as to the preferred course of action
- Develop strategies to conclude tax audits
- Provide well researched and effective tax planning advice for the Group and individual Group entities
- Provide and coordinate tax advice for new bids and consider tax treatments of various proposed structures
- Develop a productive working relationship with our current tax advisors in various jurisdictions (e.g. US, UK, Europe) to ensure that tax structures and processes are appropriate and optimal
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Finance or related to Taxation
- Minimum of 5 years’ taxation experience gained from a corporate environment or corporate tax division. Infrastructure related experience is highly desirable.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills underpinned with the ability to forge strong working relationships.
Why work for us
We believe there is strength in diversity and opportunity through inclusion. We are commitment to a culture where different perspectives, experience and backgrounds are valued which supports everyone to achieve their potential.
If you're motivated and excited about being part of this highly capable team, you'll fit right in. You'll thrive in a complex and exciting environment.
Additionally, you will receive a competitive salary, bonus scheme and corporate benefits.
If you have the skills, experience and attitude for the role, please submit an application. Our process consists of several steps including a face to face interview. We will be in contact with you at the end of each step to keep you up-to-date with the progress of your application.