Transmission & Distribution Engineer, Energy
Aurecon employs inspirational and energetic people. We aim to recruit and retain the best talent and we are committed to unleashing the potential of our people by challenging them with interesting work, and giving them the support and autonomy they need to achieve their goals.
Are you a Transmission and Distribution Design Engineer with experience in overhead, underground and substation design?
- want to work as part of a large design team?
- have 5 years+ experience in transmission distribution line design or substation design?
- Have experience with relevant software and standards?
Aurecon considers itself a key player in the future delivery of Transmission and Distribution and traction power assets across Australia, New Zealand and Africa, Middle East. Likely projects include aerial and underground line design, greenfield and brownfield substations for network owners and Rail infrastructure.
The transmission and distribution design team is primarily responsible for the provision of design and design management services required to support the planning, scoping, estimating and delivery of a wide range of project types in NSW interstate and internationally.
As a Transmission and Distribution Design Engineer within the team your key responsibilities will entail:
- Conduct detailed design and prepare technical reports for the client, including lattice steel structures and monopoles, foundations, aerial design/ cable route feeder reticulation and overhead traction power supply feeder projects.
- Conduct detailed design and prepare technical reports for the client, including primary and secondary substation design
- Perform as part of a larger multi-disciplinary design team and contribute to multi-discipline design reviews
- Responsible for delivery of relevant areas of project within proposed deadlines and budgets.
- Undertake site inspections and associated reporting, in accordance with relevant OH&S practises.
- Provide support to Design Managers when liaising with clients and contractors in relation to project objectives and targets on technical issues and problem resolution.
- Work sourcing and winning, producing proposals and pricing services to respond to client requirements.
- Be part of multi-disciplinary and geographically spread teams.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline coupled with upwards of 5 years’ experience
- Proven communication, technical report writing and presentation skills
- Drive to progress your career in a technically driven multidisciplinary setting
What We Provide
Working within the global Aurecon team offers extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes team work. We can offer you:
- Competitive remuneration and ongoing professional development
- Flexible working arrangements
- Variety and complexity of projects. Fantastic exposure
- Support with ongoing learning
- Working with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- Commitment to growing your career and exposure to interesting projects.
How to Apply
If you are keen to progress your career within a diverse and vibrant global team, please click on the Apply button below.
Alignment with the Aurecon Attributes is important: Co-creative, Commercial, Sense-maker, Inquisitive, Engaging, Resourceful, Fearless and Unconventional Thinking.
***Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer.