Aurecon employs inspirational and energetic people. We aim to recruit and retain the best talent and we are committed to unleashing the potential of our people by challenging them with interesting work, and giving them the support and autonomy they need to achieve their goals.
Are you a Traction Substation Engineer with experience in traction power substations?
Do you want to work as part of a large traction power design team?
Aurecon considers itself a key player in the future delivery of the Transport for NSW Power Supply Upgrade programme, and other similar interstate programmes. Likely projects include new greenfield and brownfield substations, with related aerial, underground, signalling and communication connections.
The traction power design team is primarily responsible for the provision of design and design management services required to support the planning, scoping, estimating and delivery of a wide range of project types in NSW and interstate.
As an experienced Traction Substation Engineer within the team your key responsibilities will entail:
• Conduct detail design and prepare technical reports for the client for rail traction and distribution substations (AC and DC), AC reticulation feeders and rail overhead traction supply feeder projects.
• Perform as part of a larger multi-discipline design team and contribute to multi-discipline design reviews
• Responsible for delivery of relevant areas of project within proposed deadlines and budgets.
• Undertake site inspections and associated reporting, in accordance with relevant OH&S practises.
• Provide support to Design Managers when liaising with clients and contractors in relation to project objectives and targets on technical issues and problem resolution.
To be successful in this position, you will be professionally qualified with a proven work history on rail projects. New South Wales experience, and in particular knowledge of AEO and Transport for NSW TSRs, will be preferable.
These positions will be a combination of Full Time and Contract roles.
What We Provide
Working within the global Aurecon team offers extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes team work.
Aurecon supports flexible work arrangements. For more details get in touch with us today.
How to Apply
If you are seeking an opportunity to drive and deliver project outcomes, within a creative business that encourages innovation and fresh ideas, please click the Apply Now button below.
Alignment with the Aurecon Attributes is important: Co-creative, Commercial, Sense-maker, Inquisitive, Engaging, Resourceful, Fearless and Unconventional thinking.
*** Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer
*** Applications are sought from direct candidates only