Structural Engineer - Defence
Aurecon employs inspirational and energetic people. We aim to recruit and retain the best talent and are committed to unleashing the potential of our people by challenging them with interesting work and giving them the support and autonomy, they need to achieve their goals.
We are currently on the lookout for a talented Structural Engineer to work within our Sydney office in Neutral Bay. Specifically, this person must have experience in Defence, an understanding of the built environment and be client facing. The candidate must also have the ability to work collaboratively within different multi-disciplinary teams.
- Perform design and analysis concrete/steel buildings and civil infrastructure structures of bespoke and diverse nature.
- Deliver design documentation including drawings, specifications and reports in accordance with Client quality standards.
- Develop innovative design alternates for options studies, tender designs, cost savings, etc.
- Ability to work on fast paced design and construct projects and pursuits.
- Provide construction phase support on a wide array of projects and structural types.
The requirements of the position will include:
- Minimum of 4 years industry experience.
- Infrastructure structural design experience in Defence Sector.
- Strong technical skills in complex structural analysis for bespoke structural designs.
- Experience with Etabs, Safe and Strand7 FEA software packages will be advantageous.
- Parametric modelling using tools such as Dynamo and/or Grasshopper will be advantageous.
- Experience working on large-scale multi-disciplinary projects will be advantageous.
- Must be an Australian Citizen
What We Provide
This is a unique career-development opportunity for an experienced professional to join a dynamic, growing company that offers:
- Diverse, interesting and challenging work
- Local, national and international career opportunities
- Ongoing technical/non-technical training and personal development
- A collaborative multidisciplinary team environment
- Flexible work arrangements supported via Yes Flex
Your great attitude and ability to build strong relationships will be rewarded by a vibrant and collaborative work environment. You will be afforded the opportunity to work alongside and lead a passionate and world class peer group. You will have access to continuing professional development and support to unleash your potential and be proud of personal, team and company achievements.