Site Acquisition Consultant
Exciting opportunity to support the delivery of all property functions associated with the acquisition of new and existing telecommunications sites.
Aurecon has a proud heritage of design excellence and delivery of complex projects. We have built our brand from that foundation and the trust our clients place in us. We describe what we stand for as “Bringing Ideas to Life” which reflects our belief that what we do best is to help clients bring their ideas to reality. Our “Just Imagine” initiative reflects our aspiration to help our clients become future ready and our design thinking strategy is an important part of this initiative.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Site Acquisition Manager, the Site Acquisition Consultant will support the delivery of all property functions associated with the acquisition of new and existing telecommunications sites.
- Formal Property, Land or Environmental qualification at a tertiary level desirable
- Strong understanding of general property, tenure and leasing principles
- Applicable property certifications and Construction Industry General Induction (i.e. White Card) is desirable
- A background within Australia’s Telecommunications industry, or significant recent experience in a similar industry
- An ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Relevant working experience will be highly desirable
The Key Accountabilities
- SAED project milestone delivery/project performance/ client relationships and reporting
- Deliver property site acquisition services for the multiple site program/s you're a part of
- Investigate and report on property ownership, titling and encumbrances
- Identity suitable sites and deliver candidate selection and property feasibility assessments
- Organise and attend site scoping visits (sometimes rural/remote locations)
- Liaise with landowners and legal service providers for tenancy negotiations and tenure formalisation through leases, licences and other agreements.
- Liaise with government agencies (e.g. Crown Lands, National Parks) to secure tenure on public land where required
- Liaise with landowners and third parties to register easements on title if required
- Assist Internal Town Planners in discussions with Councils and other external stakeholders as required
- Provide general property advice to inform and support wider team
- Provide professional advice to clients on property-related matters Delivery team/key working relationships
- Work in compliance to Ventia's systems & processes, and all relevant legislation & regulations
- Act responsibly, taking care of self and others with respect to health, safety and the environment
- Speak up on issues and receive and act on feedback
Education and Qualifications:
- Formal Property, Land or Environmental qualification at a tertiary level
- Applicable property/legal certifications to allow dealings in relevant jurisdictions (e.g. Real Estate Certificate of Registration or similar) (desirable) Applicable state/territory
- Construction Industry General Induction ('White Card') Applicable state/territory Driver's Licence
- Sound understanding of tenure & leasing principles
Skills & Experience:
- 2 years' working in a similar role with a proven ability to understand and negotiate tenure agreements within client's guidelines
- Relevant & recent work experience within the Australian Telecommunications industry, preferably wireless projects for a major carrier (preferred) or significant recent experience in a similar industry.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Evidence that you are a strong self-manager, highly organised and detail-oriented
What We Provide
We believe a career is not just a job; it's a collection of experiences you gain through professional networks, working with current technologies and expanding your knowledge base. All this while working on a broad range of projects and the possibility of local, interstate and international travel within a globally collaborative business.
Alignment with the Aurecon Attributes is also vital: Co-creative, Commercial, Sense-maker, Inquisitive, Engaging, Resourceful, Fearless and Unconventional Thinking.
Kindly refer to http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/careers/themes/why-join-aurecon/aurecon-attributes.aspx for more detail.
Working within the global Aurecon team offers extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes team work. For examples of some of our projects, visit http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/projects.aspx .
If this opportunity is something you would be interested in exploring further, please register your interest by using the "Apply Now" button.