Senior Engineering Geologist
Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions for our clients across regions and markets. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services on projects across a range of markets, in locations worldwide.
As a result of a recent internal transfer we have a vacancy for a talented, client focussed Senior Level Engineering Geologist at our Neutral Bay office in Sydney.
Joining our well-established Ground Engineering group, this role will sit within the NSW Infrastructure team and see you focussing a range of small to major projects across the region.
This role will encompass a blend of technical and client-facing responsibilities, including:
- Geological desk studies for small to mega projects
- Scoping geotechnical investigations.
- Rock Engineering and tunnel geological mapping
- Direct, where required, borehole location and sampling, specifying and interpreting in-situ testing, preparation and review of laboratory test schedules, control of samples, preparation (where required) and checking of contract technical output (borehole logs & test results).
- Slope Stability assessments
- Earthworks design
- Quality checking logs and factual reports generated by others;
- Production of geotechnical factual and interpretive reports
- Taking a team/project leadership role, guiding less experienced staff, delegating tasks
- Liaising with internal in external stakeholders
To be successful in this position you will have:
We welcome applications from suitably qualified experienced Engineering Geologists, ideally at or close to chartership with:
- A working knowledge of the ANZ industry and technical standards, experience in NSW a must
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Broad geotechnical competency as well as specialist expertise in engineering geology and geohazards, preferably with strong experience of developing ground models in Sydney
- Significant experience within the geotechnical industry with solid understanding of ground conditions, Drilling and Site Investigation works.
- Good understanding of geotechnical processes and contract management.
- Strong IT skills including 3-D geological modelling, including Microsoft office, database maintenance and reporting.
- Good interpersonal skills to liaise with clients and members of the local and regional team
- An interest in mentoring/guiding less experienced staff
- A client-focused and professional approach
- Passion for ongoing professional and technical development
Alignment with the Aurecon Attributes is important: Co-creative, Commercial, Sense-maker, Inquisitive, Engaging, Resourceful, Fearless and Unconventional thinking.
What We Provide:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive and innovative company offering ongoing career development.
- Working within the global Aurecon team offers extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes team work
- Competitive remuneration package
- Support with and commitment to your ongoing professional development
- Exposure to interesting and varied projects shaping the future of NSW
- Flexible working arrangements
For examples of some of our projects, visit http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/Projects.aspx
How to Apply
If you are keen to progress your career within a diverse and vibrant global team and work with a group shaping the future of NSW infrastructure, please click on the APPLY button below.
***Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer
***Applications are sought from direct candidates only. No agencies please