Senior Electrical Designer
Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions for our clients across regions and markets. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services on projects across a range of markets, in locations worldwide.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing resources and manufacturing team in Gladstone.
Reporting to the Electrical and Controls Design Lead, the position’s key focus will be to;
- Support the Resources and Manufacturing Electrical Engineering Team to deliver project deliverables in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage a team of designers and drafters to ensure delivery of drawings for projects within project schedules and budgets
- Utilise local and inter-office work sharing capabilities to enhance delivery of project deliverables
- Report project progress to Design Team Leader and Project Leaders on a regular basis
- Utilise innovation technologies to increase accuracy and productivity on projects.
- Search for innovative ideas and concepts to further improve delivery processes for the business
- Follow company and client drafting standards and requirements
- Facilitate work sharing across regions as required for projects
The ideal candidate will be;
- Able to demonstrable a proven track record in managing delivery of drawings for projects
- Able to bring innovation to complex problems
- Experience in industrial related projects for resources and manufacturing market, material handling, LV & HV electrical design
- Tertiary qualifications such as Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree or equivalent within Electrical discipline
- Competent in software such as Autocad and Microstation software, Bentley Promis.e software, Microsoft Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Self-motivated and hard-working with a desire to push the envelope in innovation
We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a forward-thinking organisation, and you feel you have the relevant skills required, please apply now. Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer and provides flexible working arrangements through an innovative “Yesflex” program.