Manager - Contaminated Land Management
With operations extending across 27 countries, Aurecon is a multi-award winning global consulting, engineering, management, and specialist technical services business. We have an enviable reputation for innovation and service excellence, and seek to foster human achievement in all aspects of our work.
To deliver on an ambitious and robust future growth strategy for our Advisory group, we are looking to make a key appointment in our Contamination Land Management team. Reporting to the Regional Service Line Leader, Environment & Planning, the Manager – Contaminated Land Management will perform a key role as a leader within the Aurecon Advisory team tasked with further growth and development of our brand in the Environmental sector. This role will be based at our Perth office.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing the strategy and operations of the contaminated land business in WA.
- Developing strategic plans to support the growth of the contaminated land practice in WA, as well as participating in regional and global initiatives.
- Project director for contamination investigations and remediation projects of varying size and complexity.
- Developing and maintaining work pipeline and working with our Market Leaders in opportunity pursuit.
- Managing field teams, sub-consultants and sub-contractors.
- Maintaining Client relationships and enhancing the profile of our business through industry association and thought leadership.
- Preparing reports and presentations of a high technical and editorial quality.
- Working collaboratively to provide technical advice to multidisciplinary project teams and to clients.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and training to realise the potential of employees in your team to ensure a high performing culture
- Recruitment and development of our team to meet with Aurecon business strategy.
Your qualifications and skills:
- At least twelve years of experience in a consultancy environment, managing contaminated land assessment and remediation
- High level project management experience
- Experience across a broad range of industries, particularly Infrastructure and Defence sectors, but also oil & gas, buildings, resources, water and government
- Deep knowledge of WA and national environmental legislation and industry trends
- Knowledge and expertise of emerging contaminants including PFOS and PFAS.
- Track record of managing teams and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams, taking responsibility for delivery
- High level presentation and written communications skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field such as environmental science, earth science or engineering. Ability to gain a Department of Defence baseline security clearance and accreditation as Certified Environmental Practitioner
- A commitment to safety and safe work practices, and a willingness to promote Aurecon's safety culture
If you meet the above criteria, and can demonstrate the right attitude we will offer you the opportunity to work alongside a passionate and world class peer group. We will provide outstanding professional development opportunities that will allow you to unleash your true potential. Aurecon provides a stimulating, vibrant and collaborative work environment where every employee’s contribution is recognised. We strongly promote diversity within our workforce and are committed to maintaining quality work/life balance with flexible working arrangements and an impressive employee benefits package. Your outstanding contribution to team results will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package.
To express your interest in joining Aurecon please hit the "Apply Now" button below, or if you would like more information please contact Vlad Jelinek on Vlad.Jelinek@aurecongroup.com or +61 2 9465 5100.