Aurecon brings ideas to life to design a better future. Imagining what is possible, we turn problems into solutions. We provide advisory, design, delivery and asset management services on projects across the globe. Using ingenuity, innovation, and technology we seek to unravel complexity, create clarity and invent new value for clients. In partnership with these clients we enhance communities with projects that are diverse and globally recognised for engineering and technical excellence by independent industry awards.
We have an opportunity for a Design Manager to join our Built Environment team in our Perth Office. Utilising your proven ability within design management to continue to drive the innovation and forward-thinking approach to design within the built environment space.
Aligned with Aurecon’s key attributes, the key capabilities for this role will include:
Design Management. Demonstrated experience in engaging engineering teams to deliver designs and solutions aligning with, and exceeding client expectations
Digital Engineering. Promoting the use of and delivering of digital engineering solutions for projects
Stakeholder Engagement. Work closely with key stakeholders to develop design briefs, concepts and design development, detailed contract documentation through to on site design management and design management through delivery
Innovation. Take a leading role in the unearthing, sourcing and implementation of new design solutions, technology and new application of existing systems
Management and leadership. You have experience in leading projects and teams across a varied portfolio of built environment projects
Strong, collaborative and empathy led facilitation style that seeks to understand and respond to the group dynamics
- Tertiary Degree (Bachelor level) in Architecture, Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Quantity Surveying
- Strong proficiency in digital engineering and in the use of key engineering systems, and the ability to implement and administer a project’s Digital Engineering or BIM Management Plan, including understanding of project operational and functional inputs into the digital engineering process. Skills in 4D digital engineering are preferred
- Demonstrated experience in multi-discipline design management and coordination experience on complex building projects and understanding of construction delivery
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all stakeholders with excellent leadership and risk management skills
- Strong understanding of Building Codes, Australian Standards and Local Authority regulations
- Understanding of design frameworks and systems
- Ability to drive compliance and effective governance
- Demonstrated commercial acumen to drive business excellence and continuous improvement
- Strong client relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop others in this role
If you have proven experience in the above capabilities and experience, we want to hear from you.
Your great attitude and ability to support project outcomes will be rewarded by a vibrant and collaborative work environment. Aurecon promotes diversity within its workforce and is committed to maintaining our employees' family values with flexible working arrangements and an impressive employee benefits package. We will offer you the opportunity to work alongside a passionate and world class peer group, and provide outstanding professional development opportunities to unleash your true potential.
Alignment with the Aurecon Attributes is important: Co-creative, Commercial, Sense-maker, Inquisitive, Engaging, Resourceful, Fearless and Unconventional thinking.
Kindly refer to http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/careers/themes/why-join-aurecon/aurecon-attributes.aspx for more detail.
To express your interest in this position with Aurecon please hit the "Apply Now" button below.
Aurecon is an equal opportunity employer.