Design Hub Leader, Defence
Aurecon has provided professional technical and advisory services to The Australian Defence Force (ADF) for more than 30 years.
Due to further growth in our national project portfolio, our Defence team is currently inviting applications from experienced Engineering Technical Directors or Design Managers with strong Structural, Electrical, Mechanical or Architectural project delivery backgrounds. Based in Perth, this role will carry responsibility for the management of all design development deliverables around a portfolio of work packages to support our national team.
Responsibilities will include the timely completion and delivery of design packages of works for multiple projects within budget and to the relevant standards.
Those with a background in Engineering Project Leadership, Architecture or Project Management are likely to possess the skill base to deliver or build upon.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Providing overall management of the design, development, and delivery of assigned portfolio of projects
- External stakeholder management such as Defence uniform personnel and contractors, other design sub-consultant professionals engaged to provide project inputs and investigations contractors
- Management and coordination of in-house design and advisory resources
- Preparing Aurecon project scope and options offerings for each defence project, including fee, risk assessment and project resource planning
- Coordinating and managing the technical design delivery of scope for projects to the required standards and specifications to meet Defence objectives.
- Monitoring the progress of design activities and submissions across all elements within the assigned portfolio of projects and region
- Ensuring that preliminary and detailed designs (at project level) are consistent with the requirements of Defence and Aurecon methodology
- Ensuring that projects are capable of being delivered, operated and maintained safely
- Management and leadership of a large diverse team
- Management of financial and commercial aspects of projects and the team
- Reporting and working closely with national Defence management team
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable desire to progress their career in a technically driven multidisciplinary setting, and hold:
- Exceptional leadership, group presentation and communication skills
- Ability to interact with Defence stakeholders and communicate technical issues with clarity and purpose
- Well-rounded understanding of both buildings and infrastructure projects
- Strong program management experience
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Strong bid and proposal experience
- Attention to detail and an eye for accurate presentation of reports and technical drawing deliverables
- Strong technical skills background in engineering or architecture
- Willingness to challenge and take ownership to improve systems and process
- Strong IT skills and agility with MSOffice suite of applications and enterprise document management systems
- Australian Citizenship
- Established defence experience is preferred
- No criminal history. A police clearance will be required as part of the recruitment process
- Existing baseline security clearance will be an advantage.
- Some short-term travel will be required for the role
What can Aurecon offer you?
At Aurecon, we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, encourages sustainability and promotes team work and work life balance. We offer an attractive remuneration package along with the opportunity to work alongside a world class peer group on high profile projects, together with a rewarding career experience within our large and diverse organisation. We support flexible work practices, including generous parental leave provisions, demonstrating an unwavering commitment as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
Alignment with the Aurecon Attributes is important: Co-creative, Commercial, Sense-maker, Inquisitive, Engaging, Resourceful, Fearless and Unconventional thinking.
Kindly refer to http://www.aurecongroup.com/en/careers/themes/why-join-aurecon/aurecon-attributes.aspx for more detail.
To express your interest in joining Aurecon please hit the "Apply Now" button below, or if you would like more information please email Natalie.email@example.com
Please apply via the application link and not via email.