Technology Area Lead - Network & Storage Services
About The Role
The Networks and Storage Technology Area is one of the key areas in the “Infrastructure as a Service” (IaaS) Domain. The IaaS Domain mission is to provide best in class hosting and networking environments for other teams within ANZ.
As a Technology Area Lead for our Network & Storage Services, you will be accountable for delivering an easy to consume data network and storage service that is resilient, secure and cost effective – and can be delivered at speed supporting our current and future business and customer needs. This is a key leadership position in our Infrastructure Domain, which will help drive the strategy for the area, translating objectives into action. You will work hard to create clarity for your team and drive a culture of safety, trust and continuous learning and growth. You will be relentless in breaking down barriers and removing roadblocks that impact your area’s ability to deliver. With customer experience at the heart of everything you do, you will drive IT and customer innovation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Own the Network strategy and delivery for ANZ globally, encompassing Australia Branch Networks, the networks supporting our international and institutional systems and our overseas support centres.
- Own the storage, backup and archive strategy and delivery for ANZ globally.
- Own customer experiences across all our network and storage, ensuring the availability and performance of these systems.
- Responsible for managing IT integration platforms and delivery squads, and how they interact with other technology systems, ensuring they remain fit for purpose, well-supported and stable and that capacity planning is managed effectively.
- Managing the full ecosystem of the technology area, including the effective partnership with external vendors and providers and leveraging the full capabilities of our global Technology workforce
- Ensure that you create a service that is integrated, relevant, transparent and easy to consume
You will ideally bring the following key attributes, capabilities, and experience:
- Previous experience and in depth understanding of complex network technologies and delivery strategies, from LANs, WANs, SDWANs, NBN, Wireless, Data Centre Networking and more
- In depth understanding off storage, backup and archiving technologies and delivery strategies, from Flash Storage, to Object Storage, Data Domains, File Storage, Storage Allocation concepts and more
- As ANZ uses a Managed Services provider to manage some of its network technologies, you will have experience with managing an outsourced managed service around network delivery and performance
- Strong experience managing run components of a shared platform, managing the asset lifecycle, IT Platforms and how they interact with our core systems, ensuring they remain fit for purpose, well-supported and stable and that capacity planning is managed effectively
- Previous experience in managing large and complex run/change budgets and contracts (>50 million)
- Deep understanding of vendor management, IT as a Service and architecture
- Extensive experience leading large cross-functional, agile or continuous delivery teams, including experience with DevOps, managing to a budget and cross-team prioritisation.
- The ability to inspire teams to try new things, to nurture a growth mindset and curiosity
- Sets and Executes strategic IT agenda and, in partnership with the business, translates ANZ’s strategy into action by aligning this to the purpose of the tech area
- Encourages team to continuously develop expertise and remain up to date with the latest developments and industry best practice
We’re exploring new and better ways to progress the business with energy and enthusiasm. Backed by a proud and established heritage, we’re focusing on building a bank that our customers love. Connected by integrity and clarity of strategy, there is a real sense of excitement about the future.
If you believe you’ve got the skills and drive to help contribute to ANZ’s success, join us and help build a regional bank.
We connect you to a world of opportunities.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference AUS083083.