Learning & Development Expert
ANZ’s purpose is to help our communities and people thrive. Our Technology business is embarking on an exciting transformation to bring this purpose to life, focused on:
- Simplifying technology so we’re not worn down by complexity,
- Humanising technology so that we invite others to interact with our challenges and environment, and
- Integrating technology into everyday work so that technology is the business.
We’re making some significant shifts in how we are working, which requires different mindsets and new capabilities. Specifically, we need to cultivate and develop a curious, passionate and diverse workforce who can design what banking could and should be, and transform ideas into great solutions and services.
ANZ is committed to giving our people every opportunity to learn, grow and develop their careers and is seeking an innovative, strategic Learning & Development Expert, who can play a key role in bringing to life our capability strategy for our Technology business. As an immediate focus, you will be working in a cross-functional squad to design a holistic solution to building mastery across specific engineering capabilities (e.g. programming, coding).
Who are you?
A team player – You know we only win if we all win and you recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring
The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding customers (both internal and external) and define problems and develop solutions through their eyes
Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
What will you bring to the role?
- A passion for innovation and a desire to be at the forefront of learning and culture development
- Demonstrated strategic focus and ability to define, design and implement significant learning initiatives
- Deep understanding of adult learning principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of digital content design best practice with the ability to quickly source technical production vendors from the market
- Deep market knowledge and networks across geographies
- Appreciation of the learning technology landscape including premium providers
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with vendors globally
- Exceptional people, communication and analytical skills
- Experience in large scale change and transformation
- Experience in Consulting, with Scaled Agile and human centred design frameworks preferred but not essential
The role is a 6 month fixed term contract, with the opportunity to move to a permanent role to support the build out of engineering and other key capabilities for the right candidate.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us how this role could be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number CIT003142.