An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Risk and Compliance Manger to support the Human Resources function at Allianz Australia. Reporting directly to the Chief General Manager Human Resources, the Risk and Compliance Manager's responsibility is to assist and facilitate the Chief General Managers risk management and compliance responsibilities.
The Risk and Compliance Manager will be expected to liaise directly with the Chief General Manager Human Resources on all divisional risk management and compliance matters. The role will be responsible for collation and reporting on compliance performance within the division.
As part of the broader RCO community, the Risk and Compliance Manager will take initiative in driving the resolution of any risk and compliance matters to which he/she becomes aware, regardless of the business division in which it arises, through liaison and collaboration with the other RCOs.
Key responsibilities for the role include:-
* The implementation and promotion of the Allianz compliance policies and practices;
* Set up of and ongoing monitoring of compliance and risk frameworks, policies and procedures specific to the division;
* Reporting on compliance and risk performance within the division;
* Preparing action plans to address key compliance issues and risks;
* Providing strategic compliance and risk advice to the business on current business, new proposals or business change;
* Advising the business on regulatory change and representing the business at relevant industry workshops;
* Advising on and overseeing remediation; and
* Providing governance over risk management within underwriting agencies and subsidiaries
Experience required for the position:-
* Strong compliance, risk and/or audit experience, preferably within the General Insurance or Financial Services industry
* Strong portfolio view, or project management and stakeholder management experience
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
* An understanding of relevant legislation and impact/cost of non-compliance is highly desirable
In return, at Allianz you can expect to be recognized for your commitment and rewarded for high performance with excellent employee benefits and opportunities for ongoing career development.