Project Governance Risk & Assurance Manager
About the Role
The role of the Project Governance & Risk Manager is to support the successful delivery of AGL’s enterprise wide material projects through the provision of second line governance, risk and compliance oversight and support. Specifically, the focus of the Project Governance & Risk Manager is to aid effective and transparent decision making enabled through the implementation of an appropriate and effective governance structure and risk management practices that are aligned with the principles and requirements of AGL’s Board approved Policies, Frameworks and Standards.
This is an 18 month fixed term contract.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and implement a project risk framework.
- Development, implementation and ongoing management of a Portfolio Governance Forum to ensure appropriate and consistent oversight of risk across material projects at AGL.
- Provide advice and support to the specialist project management office teams (PMO’s) across the business to ensure a consistent approach to project governance and risk management activities.
- Provide proactive advice to PMO’s, projects and business units in relation to their risk management activities, helping them to mature their approach to identification, assessment and monitoring of risks.
- Undertake second line assessment of program and project risk management activities – specifically, risk reporting, escalation and monitoring activities.
- Support the PMO’s and project teams in the delivery of consistent and effective risk management activities including; the use of FIRM for projects, risk registers, reporting templates, steering committee charters and agendas, risk assessment guides and training documents.
- Sound understanding of Risk Management frameworks/practices from working in other large companies (knowledge of ISO 31000 required).
- Sound understanding of Compliance Management frameworks/practices from working in other large companies (knowledge of ISO 19600 desirable).
- Sound understanding of Project Methodologies, specifically Agile & Waterfall.
- Previous experience with risk and compliance management systems including the development and improvement of software.
- Previous experience working in Project environments and/or teams (desirable).
- Broad business knowledge and demonstrated ability to understand and communicate the balance between risk reduction and commercial outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience working with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working onsite at one of Australia’s largest generators of electricity which produces approximately 12% of the electricity needed by consumers in eastern Australia.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business whilst being supported by our new flexible ways of working and exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please contact Bridie Butcher on email@example.com