Project Engineer - Commercial Solar
This is an exciting time for an experienced Solar PV Project Engineer to join our Energy Management business unit, which has been established as a business within the Customer Markets division of AGL to drive the deployment of new and disruptive technologies in Australia.
Working towards becoming the preeminent provider of comfort, convenience, and control of energy products and services for our customers, makes Energy Management a centre for innovation and growth at AGL.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role is part of our Commercial Solar Team managing the delivery of solar projects for commercial customers.
- Develop, optimise and manage the design process for commercial solar projects from inception to installation, commissioning and handover
- Manage the engagement with third-party contractors; including site assessors, solar installers, electricians and consultants
- Develop and refine a range of PV system assemblies and template designs to enable duplication and scalability for rapid volume growth
- Producing cost-effective proposals for commercial customers, continuously monitor, review and update pricing for system components and labour in relevant software
- Engage with internal stakeholders to identify and schedule appropriate contractors for site inspections and project installations
- Drive up installation quality standards with the auditing of installations, selection of materials and management of installers
- Create new bespoke system designs for Solar PV, Monitoring systems, Battery Storage and other new technologies as they become available, working with the wider Energy Management to ensure commercial viability
With your passion to be part of a unique and innovative team and demonstrated previous relevant experience some of the key skills we are looking for are:
- An understanding of Solar PV industry and developing knowledge of a distributed solutions technology
- Qualified Electrical Engineer or A-Grade electrician with significant systems design experience coupled with CEC Design accreditation
- Detailed knowledge of the federal and state-based codes and requirements
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for developments within the solar industry
- Strong stakeholder management capability, including demonstrated customer focus and management of third party contractors
- Proficient in CAD, PV Syst and NearMaps
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.