Manager Security Engineering
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Security Engineering to join the AGL team. This is a developing area of AGL where you will be involved in a number of large and interesting projects.
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of talented Cybersecurity professionals whilst engineering security measures to ensure the protection of our systems, networks and information.
- This is a full time permanent position.
- Proactively stay up to date with the latest security technology trends (including areas of agile design, DevOps capabilities, embedded security capabilities and open source software).
- Work with Development teams to establish frictionless approaches to secure digital development and testing.
- Take ownership of the security requirements and tools to improve software, code and automation as well as new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Establish the secure DevOps framework, security-by-design principles and approach to skills development in this space for AGL
- You will have six direct reports.
You will have previous experience in Cybersecurity Management roles as well as having a passion for engaging business stakeholders to come along on the Security journey. In addition to this you will ideally have the below skills and experience:
- 8+ years of experience as a System Security Expert or in similar roles.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the latest security principles, techniques and protocols.
- Experience working in a high pace, large change and speed to market organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate times in your career where you have achieved greatness in the balancing act between cool innovative concepts, combined with secure or risk based approaches to protecting the organisations, its customers, and all of the data.
- You are all about protecting the data, with the ability to articulate the why and have others follow you.
- Your leadership style is collaborative, inclusive, approachable, innovative and forward thinking.
- You walk the walk and talk the talk all things digital and how an organisation can gain advantage through disruption, development, and speed to market.
- You understand attackers motivations, wants and their approaches.
- You know how to secure the product pipeline and limit the risks.
- You are happy to own and manage the tools that protect our web facing technologies and have experience in the continuous improvement of web security.
- Ability to engage and communicate with all levels about security risk and issue management.
- Ideally you will have a background in development with the ability to understand code, malicious applications and antivirus software.
What’s in it for you?
* Work with the latest security technologies and a leader in security
* Contribute to the growth strategy through involvement in large projects
* AGL offers a flexible working culture underpinned by a strong values based identity
* Work with a well-known and trusted Australian Company – staff benefits & bonus
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.