Manager Gas Operations
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager, Gas and Renewables, the Manager Gas Operations is accountable for the safe, reliable, and cost-effective running of AGL’s Gas, Oil, LPG, Condensate Production capability and National Assets in line with the broader Group Operations portfolio asset strategy.
You will lead an integrated team of AGL people, contractors, and business partners to achieve the desired business performance and results.
You are also responsible for representing AGL in dealings with stakeholders, including the AGL Board, joint venture partners, energy industry associations, Government agencies and suppliers of Gas Operations assets and operations.
- Set strategic objectives for the operation in order to monetise AGL’s gas, oil, LPG and condensate reserves in a timeframe aligned with AGL’s self-supply expectations.
- Efficiently manage the operations of existing producing assets including evaluation of ongoing operational performance and identification of opportunities for increased return to the business.
- Establish and align operational processes and guidelines across multiple sites and deliver against these safely and sustainably.
- Establish and improve asset maintenance programs to provide optimal balance between operational costs, capacity constraints, risk and performance.
- Ensure that Gas Operations assets are operated in a safe and sustainable manner with best practice health, safety, and environmental practices.
- Build and develop the Gas Operations leadership team and leader capabilities at each facility to deliver an effective succession plan for the business.
- Lead and engage people effectively through periods of transition, such as asset sales, asset closures, cost-controlled production, productivity improvement strategies, asset value-improvement strategies, and structural change.
- Build strong partnerships and work collaboratively across the business to (e.g. engineering, capital works, planning and scheduling, statutory reporting and compliance) to align activities through the whole of the project lifecycle.
- Build AGL’s ‘social licence to operate’ by protecting and enhancing AGL’s brand in local communities.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering and/or extensive operations experience.
- Post graduate management qualification desirable.
- Demonstrated record in related industry such as Oil & Gas, chemical processing companies at a senior management level.
- Demonstrated track record managing multi-disciplinary and diverse teams including plant, field and support operations.
- Ability to build and manage relationships at Executive/Board level.
- Commercial acumen and senior leadership experience with strong financial management skills, including a sound understanding of capital expenditure and operating expenditure.
- Strong track record in health, safety and environment leadership including an understanding of the needs for collaborative management of initiatives in these areas.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise good judgement during times of uncertainty and crisis.
- Experience and expertise in large scale procurement, negotiating and executing large value contracts.
- Development and implementation of management strategies, including workforce planning, financial performance, operating, regulatory, environmental and safety plans.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.