Gas Plant Operator
About the Role
This is an entry level position responsible for maintaining continued operation of the gas plant with a view to achieving production and safety targets. In addition, the role is involved in reporting and maintenance activities on plant and equipment within RPGP (Rosalind Park Gas Plant) and other facilities so as they are in good working condition to support safe, effective and uninterrupted gas production.
- Performing Gas Plant Maintenance activities with minimal disruption to Gas Sales in order to maintain plant availability above 98% and individual compressor availability above 97%.
- Maintaining the Gas plants visual appearance to a high standard (this includes mowing, weed suppression, painting and general housekeeping).
- Adhering to procedures for plant operation and improving safety standards where possible
- Attending well sites if required to maintain gas flow.
- Carrying out instrument and equipment fitting tasks as directed by the Gas Plant / Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor.
- Identifying potential hazards and environmental concerns and taking corrective action when required
You will ideally bring to the role:
- A strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated – no formal qualification required, however trade qualification would be an advantage.
- Ideally some experience of working in oil and gas in a mechanical role, with knowledge of the operation and maintenance of production facilities.
- Possession of all or relevant licences & tickets: confined space entry ticket, forklift, drivers licence (HR is an advantage).
- Prepared to work odd hours, overtime and in varying weather conditions when necessary
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and provide a positive attitude to the work.
- Live within the Macarthur area for operational needs
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.