Executive Assistant to the Executive General Manager IST
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a unique individual who is happy to roll up their sleeves and enjoys doing things a little differently. As the Executive Assistant to the EGM IST , you will multi-task and manage competing priorities to provide first class executive assistance.
You will delight the team with your friendly, approachable personality and you will be key to cultivating a collaborative environment for the Executive Leadership team via events, team meetings and great communication.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing a range of support services that facilitate the effective planning, executive leadership and management duties and, where identified, general support across the IST team. Planning, organizing and maintaining daily activities and tasks, the EA ensures a smooth, reliable and efficient environment for a wide range of day to day, specific and more general administrative functions.
Please review the requirements below ensuring they match with you skills and qualifications:
- Proactively manage Outlook by reviewing all items & meeting requests in a timely manner & actioning, delegating, marking for follow up, filing or drawing attention to urgent/ business critical items
- Deal promptly and comprehensively with all enquiries and correspondence, prioritising where necessary, referring as appropriate and personally dealing with them where this is possible
- Draft and edit meeting requests, emails, team communication, presentations and letters on behalf of EGM - IST
- Manage and follow up action / to do lists of key team members
- Action Provision & Connect requests appropriately for EGM - IST
- Intranet and Sharepoint team site maintenance
- Review IT travel requests to ensure compliance with Travel Policy
- Other tasks as directed EGM - IST or IT Leadership Team
Planning and Organising:
- Co-ordinate logistics of meetings and functions ranging from team meetings to conferences, road-shows and presentations (both on and off-site location), including venues and planning, on behalf of the EGM - IST, and their direct reports
- Adhoc support for EGM – IST lead meetings for catering/drinks
- Prepare agendas, minutes and actions (where appropriate), for circulation of information to participants (pre-& post meetings) by agreed timeframes.
- Plan, manage and diarize key events / actions to ensure key priorities are met across the team and busy periods anticipated and planned
- Prioritise urgent and important actions
- Assist with official company events as required
- Invoice processing through SAP
- Prepare a reports, documentation, and presentations, for a variety of audiences with Technology focus
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to management and preparation of sensitive communications in 100% of situations and circumstances
- Preparation of accurate and high quality, emails, presentations, and letters on behalf of the EGM - IST as required
- Establish and maintain effective file and online records system, including work files, administrative reports, correspondence, and related material, such that key material can be located and recovered immediately
- Coordinate management of communication materials between teams within, and external to IT, within agreed timeframes
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong sense of initiative
- Extreme confidentiality
- High level of business acumen
- Friendly, approachable, with mature team player attitude
- Confident at liaising with people from all levels of the business
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to display a high degree of empathy and EQ
- Flexible – happy to do mundane as well as more challenging tasks
- Intermediate MS office skills a minimum (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint - essential)
- Comfortable with learning new programs, systems or ideas. Working knowledge of SAP would be highly regarded.
- Tertiary secretarial or administrative or management qualifications highly regarded with at least 5 years in similar position
What's in it for you?
You'll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You'll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky's the limit for your career aspirations and we're focused on investing in you.
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
If joining an organisation that truly understands the importance of its people and lives its values daily sounds like you then apply now!