Technical Officer – Engineering & Construction
An opportunity across one of our major projects has become available for a Technical Officer to work in our busy project office!
- Work with a global employer on a major project
- Enjoy a diverse, client-facing work environment
- 2 year fixed-term opportunity with extension potential
The role of the Technical Officer will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on a major civil construction program across project performance and key activity updates. You will be responsible for coordinating and compiling reports, documents and data to monitor and report on delivery against planned targets. Your strong analysis skills will set you up for success and you will have a strong skill set to be able to interpret data and information to then present in a report for diverse stakeholder groups.
You will be working within the Easing Sydney’s Congestion Program Office in Parramatta and reporting to the Program Reporting Manager with a dual report to the Program Director on a 2 year fixed term contract.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice regarding project reporting and develop and improve policies, frameworks, procedures and systems for project reporting to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with legislation, government policy, RMS delivery plans and reporting frameworks.
- Engage with the business to build capability and understanding across RMS in project reporting.
- Provide forecasts of expenditure against achieved project milestones and adjust project forecasts and milestones.
- Develop and implement improvements to business systems and processes to provide scalable, consistent, efficient and effective assessment and develop and implement monitoring and reporting systems to track project performance against objectives throughout the project lifecycle.
- Drive continuous improvement for project management and delivery to ensure processes and procedures are optimal enabling effective project delivery.
- Support the Program Director and Program Reporting Manager to provide secretariat services to the relevant project review committees and work within a matrix management structure where support services are embedded within program office delivery teams.
- Construction or Engineering qualifications or similar at any level would be strongly regarded
- Prior exposure to Construction or Civil Engineering projects would be ideal
- Evidence of highly developed report writing skills in a technical environment, ideally with a global Construction or Engineering stakeholder, but not essential
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- An confident and enthusiastic personality capable of coordinating with Project and Senior Project Managers, Directors and State Government across a technical Engineering/Construction environment
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills obtained in a results driven and client focused environment
- Ability to ensure and adhere to compliance with existing RMS project management methodologies and reporting frameworks.
- Proven working knowledge of administration and analytical software
- Exposure in reviewing and evaluating the performance of infrastructure projects.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.