Senior Engineer – Rail Systems and Safety Assurance
- Join a global Fortune 500 Organisation and be based in Perth, WA
- Want to be part of World class rail projects ?
- AECOM offer flexible work options – Flexible start and finish times
AECOM's Perth Rail Team is seeking the experience of a Senior Engineer in Rail Systems and Safety Assurance. The Senior System Safety Engineer will be responsible providing System Safety Assurance functions across AECOM engineering projects. The role will also support the Rail team in developing Systems and Safety Assurance capability and preparing bids.
Working as part of a global organisation, you will collaborate with specialists across the region and will be given exposure to local, national and international projects.
This position is a permanent staff appointment and will be based in Perth with occasional travel within Australia and potentially overseas.
- Safety assurance planning
- Elicitation, definition and analysis of client system safety requirements
- Hazard identification and analysis
- Safety Risk assessment and management (Qualitative & Quantitative approach)
- Management of Project Hazard Logs and Safety Risk Registers
- ALARP/SFAIRP assessments
- Development of safety arguments and safety cases
Additional Activities may include:
- Requirements Capture Verification, Validation and RAM Analysis
- >5 years relevant professional experience
- Successful track record in field of expertise and substantial project experience
- Membership of a relevant professional institution. Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) or equivalent overseas professional recognition is preferable.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Safety-related standards such as:
- ISO/IEC 61508 Functional Safety of E/E/PE Safety Related Systems
- EN 50126/8/9 Specification and demonstration of RAMS
- Application of Goal Structuring Notation (GSN) to construct safety arguments
- Planning some safety assurance activities
- Hazard Identification (HAZID/HAZOP, FTA, FMECA)
- Hazard Analysis (PHA, SHA, SSHA, IHA, SiD)
- ALARP/SFAIRP demonstration
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering;
- CPEng (or equivalent) – or the ability to obtain.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;