Safety Manager – Road Infrastructure
- Major project exposure
- Influential position within a global Fortune 500 employer
- AECOM offers flexible working arrangements (part time, work from home)
AECOM Construction Services are currently interested in hiring a proven construction Safety Manager with strong civil infrastructure or construction experience to be based in our busy Parramatta project office.
This is a role to work across multiple packages of works across road construction on our fast-paced projects - Easing Sydney’s Congestion program. Our project looks to significantly improve the congestion issue in Sydney’s inner suburbs and focus on Pinch Points, Clearways and Smart Motorways, through complex construction upgrades and improvements.
Working with our Smart Motorways team you will be engaged on a fixed term opportunity with an initial contract until June 2020 working closely with RMS and sub-contractors across multiple sites and Project Managers.
The Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a proven Safety Manager or similar with ideally road infrastructure project exposure and a strong understanding of RMS standards or frameworks, as well as an ability to confidently work across some of the following tasks;
- Influencing duty holders to effectively translate and integrate RMS WHS Policy, Strategy and Safety Management System into ongoing Program Office systems and behaviours across the whole of the project lifecycle, program design and construction to ensure alignment to business strategy and RMS and Government goals
- Lead, Consult and coordinate with industry partners to drive the development of WHS systems that meet or exceed RMS Safety Management System requirements
- Actively engage across Site Office team and construction contractor to ensure the sustainable improvement of their ‘informed’ safety culture though the alignment of all WHS governance, risk management and reporting activities with the RMS WHS Safety Management System
- Lead occurrence investigations of hazards, maintain awareness of WHS performance trends and assurance findings and assist in implementing resulting remedial actions for the Program Office
- Lead the identification, assessment, evaluation, elimination and minimisation planning of the Program Office’s strategic, low likelihood, high consequence and other WHS risk
- Provide rigorous analysis of the RMS WHS risk profile through high level reports and documents that clearly and effectively address complex and strategic issues
- Provide appropriate timely management reporting to the Program office and other stakeholders reflecting key issues, performance and progress towards objectives within the Program Office
- Motivate, encourage and inspire the development of a strong, effective and efficient professional team operating ethically and with a clear focus on performance and delivery of outcomes
- Review and improve business systems, processes and costs and report on activities, performance and issues against plans and budgets
- Comply with the system requirement, safety responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities within the RMS Policy, Strategy and Safety management System.
This role will be based within our Parramatta project office and potentially offer long-term employment following a 2 year fixed-term contract. There will be site work required across our multiple road infrastructure projects, which are generally based across inner suburban Sydney areas.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.