Southern Region Marketing Lead
- Positive and collaborative work environment
- AECOM offers a fully flexible work environment
- Stakeholder engagement at various levels across the ANZ region
This is a unique opportunity to help drive AECOM’s growth strategy. Reporting to the Managing Director – Southern Australia you will be a key member of the Southern Leadership Team, and lead a team of around 18 clients and marketing professionals. This is a relationship driven role for a professional who can develop programmes to increase the AECOM brand and support excellence in client service in the Southern marketplace.
The Manager develops and drives the execution of programmes to improve pursuit positioning and client service, manages activities relating to increasing client engagement and raising brand awareness and drives a focused plan that supports the Australia and New Zealand strategy and regional plans.
Be part of a team that proactively designs and implements new ideas that create better client experiences and drive revenue growth. You will have flexibility in the way you work – whether in the office or offsite – you can always stay connected.
- Lead, coach and develop the southern marketing team.
- Produce, manage and implement marketing plans in line with the ANZ business and marketing strategy and Southern specific initiatives to support the Southern business plan.
- Work with senior management and regional client account managers to identify new opportunities and drive positioning activities for major pursuits
- Help drive the Voice of Client program for Southern
- Work with the Client Experience Manager, ANZ to drive the execution of the ANZ client service strategy for Southern
- Active engagement in external client listening interviews, pursuit pre-positioning and bid debriefs with clients and share outcomes with the broader team
- Work closely with the ANZ Strategic Pursuits Manager and Marketing Advisors to identify business critical bids, help support their resourcing and track bid performance and communicate performance within Southern.
- Help identify and drive opportunities for external market engagement.
- Lead major pursuits forums, capture planning workshops and sales meetings
- Proactively contribute to the development of programs and initiatives across the Australia and New Zealand region.
- Degree qualified in marketing or similar discipline
- 10+ years’ in marketing or related area in a business-to-business or professional services environment is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong client relationships, gain trust, and support senior leaders in environments with pressing delivery schedules
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to adeptly present ideas and suggestions to senior leaders.
- Strong people leadership skills
- Strategic style thinker with hands-on approach, who can demonstrate good commercial and proposal outcomes
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary office
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities