Professional Urban Planner
AECOM Design and Planning are offering a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best designers and planners across varied industry sectors and their major projects!
- Join a globally recognised Fortune 500 company
- Take advantage of fantastic work-life-balance and flexible benefits
- Participate in major projects in Australia in multi-disciplinary teams!
The AECOM Design + Planning team comprises our Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design teams.
We work closely with our Urban Designers and Landscape Architects and as AECOM’s Environmental, Advisory and Transport teams on a rich and contemporary mix of projects.
The Urban Planner will assist in the preparation of a wide diversity of statutory and strategic planning matters, including arts and culture, education, transport, infrastructure, renewable energy, commercial, residential and industrial development, undertake research, due diligences/highest and best land use assessments, planning applications, planning scheme amendments, planning policy, land use impact analyses and the like.
As part of the Design + Planning studio and wider AECOM team, the role will provide input into the review of project design standards, philosophy and approach, while considering client requirements and expectations. The successful Professional Urban Planner will also undertake financial management in consultation with the designated project director (or senior project manager), and the coordination of project resources (both internal and external) as required.
In order to join AECOMs Design + Planning team you will be a proven Urban Planner with some of the following attributes;
- A minimum of 2-6 years’ experience in a similar role, with a combination of the following technical skills, attributes and experience;
- An understanding of statutory planning practices and principles, an emerging understanding of strategy and an ability to provide practical and analytical advice
- Exposure to rail infrastructure, education, transport and renewable energy projects ideally
- Excellent organisation, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Project management, master planning, urban design and strategic planning advice to urban renewal clients, linking in key specialist advice and industry leads as the project requires
- Being passionate and proactive about producing insightful and high quality work and advice
- Innovative and strong lateral thinking
- An ability to show initiative and work with limited supervision
- Developing project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Evidence of undertaking land use planning due diligence assessments and developing planning approval strategies
- Capability in supporting broader teams on major projects and working with Design, Environment and Advisory teams
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products.
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.