Principal Project Manager
AECOM Construction Services is a rapidly expanding and diversified business line of the well-known global AECOM brand. We are looking to expand our Melbourne team and hire a proven Principal Project Manager, capable of managing varied projects from concept to completion across industry sectors such as Civil Infrastructure, Energy, Resources, Healthcare, Defence and Education.
The successful Principal Project Manager will have a proven capability and interest in the Power or Renewables sector and an ability to deliver projects across multi-disciplined packages of works and coordinate across multiple industry sectors in an autonomous Project Management role.
This role will be based in our busy Melbourne office, with potential for some interstate travel.
Suitable candidates can expect to:
- Provide day-to-day management of consultants and contractors, ensuring they are delivering their scope of services, performing as expected and meeting deadlines;
- Develop briefs, tender and contract documents and administer the tenders in accordance with relevant policies and procedures and manage tender evaluation processes;
- Administer consultant and construction contracts;
- Assess consultant and contractor payment claims, variations, extension of time claims and work orders and issue site instructions;
- Oversee and coordinate design processes, managing consultants and ensuring deadlines are met and deliverables are of a high quality;
- Adhere to AECOM’s policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Code of Business Conduct, EEO, OH&S, Business Management System; and
- Develop and maintain project programs, change schedules, scoping documents, risk assessments, management plans, budgets and issues registers.
This is a concept-completion Project Management role, with responsibilities across multiple industry sectors and project packages which will generally demand the Principal Project Manager to have some or all of the following:
- Relevant qualifications in Project Management or Engineering, such as a Bachelor of Engineering
- Proven Project Management background across Australian engineering projects, ideally across some of the following;, Renewables, Power, Energy, Resources, Civil Infrastructure, Healthcare or Land Development
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative, ethical behaviour.
- Strong commitment to safety and understanding of OH&S best practice and obligations.
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering (HV/LV, substations etc.) across major projects, ideally within an EPCM environment
- Proven background in client-side Project Management and managing BoP contractors would be strong considered
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement processes across EPCM environments and ability to provide strategic advice to clients while overseeing procurement processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to develop comprehensive reports and submissions.
- Experience with administering contracts and overseeing the work of builders, including negotiating variations and managing progress claims.
- Be part of a growing business line with AECOM Construction Services
- Huge growth trajectory and influence in a global brand
- Ability to act global and think local
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships