GIS Team Lead
- Lead a small team
- Join a global Fortune 500 Organisation
- AECOM offers flexible working arrangements (part time, work from home)
AECOM have an exciting opportunity for a professional Spatial Information Specialist to lead our Geographic Information Systems Team in Melbourne.
AECOM have an exciting opportunity for a professional Spatial Information Specialist to lead our Geographic Information Systems Team. The team leader role is ideal for professionals with strong technical backgrounds who are looking for the next step in their career and have an interest in business development and leading a team. The role requires a Business Development mindset to assist in elevating the profile of the team’s products and outputs.
This role will be working in a professional, highly dynamic and established team of geospatial services professionals and will be regularly exposed to the various disciplines that AECOM operates in.
- Management of spatial and aspatial information in accordance with industry standards
- Ensuring that information management and quality assurance procedures are followed to ensure compliance with AECOM standards and procedures
- Production of hardcopy maps and cartographic presentation to appropriate standards using AECOM standard templates
- Production of spatial and aspatial data ensuring accuracy and logical consistency in processing and output
- Review completed GIS work to ensure accuracy
- Providing technical support to GIS users and project team members
- Maintain knowledge of GIS industry practices and software
- Integration of GIS and CAD data using appropriate software and tools
- Management of GIS projects to be delivered on time and on budget
- Tertiary qualifications in GIS, Spatial Systems or directly related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience, knowledge and skills.
- 10+ years relevant experience in a multidisciplinary project support role
- 3+ years in a leadership role
- Expert knowledge in GIS and excellent understanding of ESRI desktop GIS software essential.
- Highly Experienced in ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Server.
- Experienced in data capture platforms like ArcGIS Collector, Survey123, iFormbuilder.
- Well versed with databases.
- Technical knowledge of geographic concepts, knowledge of spatial data management, spatial analysis, and cartographic presentation and data visualisation.
- A knowledge of environmental, planning, and infrastructure concepts is a plus.
- Experience with graphics packages such as Adobe CS4 highly regarded.
- Experience in engineering industry, state government or council highly regarded
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to problems applying sound spatial analysis and data management practices with attention to detail and quality
Benefits at AECOM
AECOM is a collaborative force of world-class innovators - bright, creative, quirky and curious individuals - inspired to transform our world for the better.
We’ve been recognized 4-years running by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern, energy-efficient and sustainably designed CBD offices
- Professional and technical development opportunities
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. workplace massages, gym/ health insurance discounts, vaccinations
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Study assistance
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Professional memberships