- Join a global Fortune 500 Organisation!
- An opportunity to work on some of the region’s major Rail projects!
- AECOM offers flexible working arrangements
AECOM are currently expanding their rail engineering capabilities in Sydney following several major project wins and our Civil Infrastructure team currently have a number of vacancies in our Sydney office for a Technical Specialist with a passion for Rail Civil Design.
You will be highly qualified and knowledgeable about Rail infrastructure, underground and/or metro / light rail networks, who wants to provide technical leadership to a team of passionate engineers who have worked on some of the world’s top rail projects.
Locally our team is currently engaged in supporting some of our major project wins including Sydney Metro, Canberra Metro and various Sydney Train corridor and station upgrade programmes. We also continue to provide support to major projects both nationally and internationally.
Your key focus will be on:
- Undertaking civil design work for rail projects. This includes alignment, civil infrastructure design including drainage, CSR, minor civil structures and constructability components
- Lead the civil design and provide technical leadership to the team to undertake track and civil infrastructure design on projects
- Adhere to systems and procedures to ensure reliability, viability and auditability of design deliverables
- Develop and implement Safety & Design strategies
- Assist graduates and junior staff in their professional development
- Enjoy working in a team environment on technically challenging projects
- Be passionate about assisting junior staff in their professional development
- Have suitable rail design experience in a consultancy environment which includes drainage and track formation design
- Be proficient in a range of rail design packages such as 12D
- Degree qualified (Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng) in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Have a track record of successfully delivering rail track and civil design packages
- Have strong communication skills and ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Possess a sound analytical ability, excellent written and presentation skills
- Have a commitment to quality and accuracy
- Have evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Ideally have ASA competencies in track alignment, drainage and/or structural
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities