The Deloitte Risk & Controls team is part of Deloitte’s Risk Advisory practice and provides integrated risk advisory and internal audit services to clients across a broad range of industries.
Our continued growth has resulted in the need to expand our team in Western Sydney. We are looking for risk management and internal audit practitioners, ideally with a passion for the financial services sector and experience in professional services or the financial services industry.
About the role
Leading a highly motivated team, you will be part of a progressive, forward-thinking business where ideas and opinions are valued. This role will require you to:
• Effectively manage a portfolio of internal audit clients
• Lead risk advisory engagements
• Manage and build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Review the efficiency and effectiveness of controls to address the key strategic and operational risks within our clients' business operations
• Supervise teams in the field, ensuring effective end to end engagement management
• Promote and enforce compliance with mandated professional practices and maintaining a comprehensive understanding of Deloitte's leading edge tools and methodologies
• Lead client meetings with the ability to develop a variety of solutions to suit client needs
As an experienced risk management and internal audit practitioner, you will have sound and practical knowledge of current global risk management and internal audit practices, standards and developments. You will have experience working with a variety of industries and ideally a passion and experience working with the financial services sector.
You will have strong report writing and communication skills combined with a highly organised approach and a proven track record of leading teams and managing projects. In addition to this, as the successful candidate, you will have:
• Previously managed an internal audit portfolio and stakeholder relationships
• Prepared high quality reports
• Demonstrated effective leadership, fostering both client and employee relationships
• Exceptional track record, being a high performing risk management and internal audit professional seeking a new challenge in your career.
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing individuals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, build a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'and different' .
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities that will set you up to succeed – in every sense of the word.
The minimum salary for this role is AUD$88,000 which is inclusive of a 9.5% super contribution.