Intermediate and Senior Developer remote working opportunities
We’re currently hiring a new pod of talented Software Developers who will work remotely and join our global Partner Product team working on technically challenging problems to make business more beautiful for our accounting partners and small business customers.
We have an ambitious three year roadmap to consolidate our applications into one cohesive experience and to help achieve this, we’re forming this team.
Working remotely from either Eastern Australia or New Zealand as a senior or intermediate developer this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Xero is a great place to develop your skills and experience with the latest engineering and software delivery practices, at scale, on a global stage. This will set you up to be the best developer you can be. You’ll join an inclusive, diverse wider product team with talented developers from all over the globe.
It’s an opportunity to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package which includes shares and life insurance in addition to your base salary plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Being based remotely doesn’t mean you’ll miss out either… We’ll ensure you feel part of the Xero family with an awesome on-boarding experience too.
We actively encourage continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology. Our culture is one we’re immensely proud of - from the moment you join us, you’ll feel welcome.
Some things which make these roles awesome:
- Honing your skills on how to lead the delivery of global software products at scale, using the latest tech and approaches
- Working with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment
- A strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen
- Empowered to try things out and make a real difference for our teams and our customers
Here is what you will be doing:
Join us writing great code on software used by over a million people worldwide which makes a difference to their day-to-day lives. You don’t need to be a master at everything, just having some of these areas of expertise is great; we can teach you the rest if you’re keen to learn:
- C# .NET, Node
- SQL Server, NoSQL
- Automated testing frameworks and methodologies (xUnit, NUnit, specflow, etc)
- AWS or Azure
- Deployment and monitoring using tools: TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Datadog, Sumo Logic
What does a day as a remote developer look like?
- Utilising cloud collaboration tools like Slack, Google Meetup/Docs, Jira and Confluence check in with your team when you start your day - it’s a great way to communicate with Xeros all over the world!
- Work through daily priorities at your virtual stand-up
- Get hands on with the tools, collaborating with your team, writing code, reviewing pull requests and working together and building relationships to solve real problems for our accounting partners and small business customers
- Own your entire tech stack and deployment pipelines
- Liaise with other development teams here too to get the job done
- Spend time chatting with peers on just about anything within hundreds of Slack channels to suit
- Tech reviews, design team catch-ups, Global team meetings, peer reviews or perhaps time to dial into an internal XED talk
- Catch up with your manager for a 1:1 where it’s about your personal development and growth
- Sign-off and catch up with everyone again tomorrow!
Have fun while you do the best work of your life! We’re a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
We’ll assist you to ensure that you feel a true part of our team; we’re a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and are Rainbow Tick accredited too.
Find developer opportunities on our careers page.